TRENT REZNOR Working On Score For 'Patriots Day' Movie

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
According to The Pulse Of Radio, NINE INCH NAILS mainman Trent Reznor and his frequent collaborator Atticus Ross have been tapped to compose the score for "Patriots Day", a film centered on the 2013 Boston Marathon bombings. This will be Reznor and Ross' fourth film score, with their previous three — "The Social Network", "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" and "Gone Girl" — all movies directed by David Fincher. The pair won both the Oscar and the Golden Globe Award in 2011 for the score to "The Social Network". Reznor told The Pulse Of Radio a while back that writing music for films has not been that difficult since he thinks in visual terms when writing songs as well. "That idea of starting in a visual place has made it kind of easy," he said. "I find it hasn't been that much of a struggle to start to think in terms of scoring for picture, because now I have the picture to see instead of me creating it in my head and it's not that far of a stretch in terms of the strategy working here." "Patriots Day" stars Mark Wahlberg, John Goodman, Kevin Bacon, J.K. Simmons and Michelle Monaghan. The film is directed by "Lone Survivor" and "Deepwater Horizon" director Peter Berg and opens in limited release on December 21, expanding nationwide on January 13. Reznor indicated late last year that NINE INCH NAILS would return in 2016. The last NIN effort was 2013's "Hesitation Marks", which followed a four-year hiatus. Reznor is also chief creative officer for Apple Music and is said to be heavily involved in that platform's redesign and relaunch.

Continue reading...