Tribute albums!!!!

Ragnarok

used by sadness
Jun 7, 2002
london
Visit site
MOst of the tribute albums are nice specially the ones to Iron Maiden but what is the tribute album you like the most, for me was the double CD of the Tribute to Judas Priest, wich has Death doing Pain Killer....it is very nice!!!

I don't like Angra. I like Death. Having not heard either cover, I'll have to go with Death. :) I need to listen to both of them, though.

I'd have to go with A Call to Irons 1 - Tribute to Iron Maiden. Maybe I'm partial to this album due to Opeth's cover of Remember Tomorrow, but there are several excellent tunes. I think the Nativity In Black I tribute to Black Sabbath was pretty good.

Angra is OK, Brazilian power prog, I liked Andre Matos era Angra, I still listen to some Angra one of the FEW power metal bands I like I think they are the only one :lol: But yes as musch as I love Death, Angras version is closer to the vibe of the original, and is more rockin.

Originally posted by Thorns of Sorrow
Angra is OK, Brazilian power prog, I liked Andre Matos era Angra, I still listen to some Angra one of the FEW power metal bands I like I think they are the only one :lol: But yes as musch as I love Death, Angras version is closer to the vibe of the original, and is more rockin.

YAY! See? someone knows whathe's talking about... and also Angra DESTROYS the Solo's... in the good way hehe :p those guys are killer.

Originally posted by Ragnarok
MOst of the tribute albums are nice specially the ones to Iron Maiden but what is the tribute album you like the most, for me was the double CD of the Tribute to Judas Priest, wich has Death doing Pain Killer....it is very nice!!!

The versions I have does not include a Death cover. I have two separate cds though. I agree that the Death version is great.

There is also a great dio Tribute with a fantastic cover of Temple of the king done by Angel Dust.

The first Slayer tribute is also VERY cool, with covers by Dissection, Hypocrisy, At the gates and other great bands.

Originally posted by At The Gates

The versions I have does not include a Death cover. I have two separate cds though. I agree that the Death version is great.

There is also a great dio Tribute with a fantastic cover of Temple of the king done by Angel Dust.

The first Slayer tribute is also VERY cool, with covers by Dissection, Hypocrisy, At the gates and other great bands.

I know your album probably it is the one that has Gamaray Blind Guradian Manowar and Angra is very nice, you should here the other one the one I have!!!

Btw There is this album called tribute to the beast........to Iron maiden, it has children of bodom, Opeth, rage, dark tranquillity, six feet under, sinergie, that album is great.....speciallly songs from Iron Maiden with a heavier voice sounds very nice!!!!

My Favorite Tribute album has to be

Ntivity in Black - A Tribute to black Sabbath

Good Covers (especially the Type O One...)

Death'sversion of painkiller isn't that great, has nothing on the original version sorry to say, and I like death, just, well, priest has always done it better :)

Originally posted by 7 Dying Trees
Death'sversion of painkiller isn't that great, has nothing on the original version sorry to say, and I like death, just, well, priest has always done it better :)

Well there is of course nothing like Judas doing Pain Killer but The Drums by Death are way faster and the guitars solos with that metalzone pedal they are very very nice!!!!!!
So can not to say that Death's version of painkiller isn't that great!!!

Originally posted by Thorns of Sorrow

The vibe of the original sucks man, who the fuck wants that vibe?