Triumph/Rik Emmett

Red Shirt

Aug 1, 2002
Huntington Beach, Ca, USA
Visit site
For any Triumph/Rik Emmett fans out there, I just saw Rik play last night at The Coach House. Absolutely F'n Awesome!!! About half the songs were Triumph songs. He's playing again this Saturday night at Palidino's (10/12). I highly recommend seeing him. I just might go back myself! For the details, go to www.rikemmett.com

Rik Emmett was absolutely incredible at the Coach House...not only is the man the best all-around guitarist I've ever seen, but he totally sings the hell out of it, too. Still hits all those high notes. Amazing. If you can see him at Paladino's, don't miss it. He doesn't get to California very often.

One thing about the show, it is a "solo" show where he plays/sings live with recorded backing tracks on most songs and has a keyboard player sit in with him on a few. It might seem weird at first without a live drummer/bass player, but the format totally works. His version of "Ordinary Man" brought the house down.

Originally posted by 12OCstrings
His version of "Ordinary Man" brought the house down.

I agree. Ordinary Man just blew me away, definitely my fav pic for the night. I think I was the first to jump up for a standing ovation on this one, in any case Rik received several standing ovations (well deserved!). He's a funny dude too, he talks/plays with the crowd making it a different show from the norm. Definitely would like and hope to see him again.