Trouble

SonOfNun

Bill Ward's Red Pants
Oct 21, 2003
The Southland
sonofnun7.wordpress.com
This is a spin-off of the Doom/Psychedelic thread, I searched and in the long, glorious history of the forum there is not a thread dedicated to exploring the entire discography of these classic Doom Metal pioneers.

Trouble recently signed a deal with Hammerheart Records to re-release their back catalogue as well as a new album that was scheduled for release this year (not sure if that's still the case).

https://www.hammerheart.com/hammerheart-records-announces-partnership-with-metal-legends-trouble/

I have the first four and they all rule hard. The Hammerheart re-issues are exquisite. Psalm 9 on grey vinyl and The Skull on blue vinyl. The S/T and Manic Frustration are coming next with the others to follow. It's a good time to get into Trouble (lulz) if you haven't already.

Anybody heard the more recent stuff?

Im familiar with Trouble. But even in my trad doom years, I never really got into them. They are good, but Pentagram was more my bag.

Nowadays, I barely listen to trad doom. If I do, it's Rev Biz, Mirror of Deception, Ogre, or Blood Farmers

I was never that much of a Doom person but I'm really getting into it. Trouble also has some more stoner/psychedelic influences in the middle period (fourth to sixth albums) if you haven't tried those.

I haven't really listened to Pentagram, but I'm looking into it. Victor Griffin and Joe Hasselvander both have spinoff Doom projects that I enjoy (The Hounds of Hasselvander and Place of Skulls).

Eric Wagner passed away yesterday. May his memory be eternal.

"Have you ever wondered
What really comes after dying
Where is it that you go
When you leave this earth
I hope I see you there
Don't you be afraid
Afraid of dying
Life after death can be your reward
It was up to you
Take my hand my son
Step on through the door
Come and meet your destiny
What will it be
God shall see each man's deeds
Call the just to eternal happiness
Condemn the wicked man
To everlasting fire in hell
Alright it's time my son
Your soul must be judged
Must see your name in the book of life
Or it's too late
Now to pass the sentence
Wipe away your tears
Your next life is eternity
I sentence you to...
Have you ever wondered
What really comes after dying
Where is it that you go
When you leave this earth
I hope I see you there
Come my friends, come and follow me
It's gonna be alright"

Never got into Trouble, but I listened to the debut album several times last week. It's really fuckin' good. I will investigate them further, at long last.

I also spent a lot of time on various metal iRags reading about the circumstances surrounding his death. Fuck idk if this is my clot talking, but [redacted]

Last edited:
Never got into Trouble, but I listened to the debut album several times last week. It's really fuckin' good. I will investigate them further, at long last.

I also spent a lot of time on various metal iRags reading about the circumstances surrounding his death. Fuck idk if this is my clot talking, but [redacted]

Try the fourth album next (the other self-titled). Best one imo.

I thought this was going to be about the Taylor swift song

GTFOoRC

Ho ho, looks like we've got trouble in a thread about Trouble!

xzibit-meme.gif

Reactions: SonOfNun