Trying to sell my dad's video camera for him... anyone looking to purchase one?

MFJ

Jan 20, 2004
Behind the mist.
eBay says that someone broke into my account or something and won't let me sell for a while, but my dad is trying to have me sell his video camera for him. figured i'd see if anyone is interested on this forum. he got it for a good price, so he's selling it for an even better one.

B000051TN9.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Details:
Average Battery Run Time: 60
Dimensions (W:rofl:xH): 5.1 cm x 9.7 cm x 12.5 cm
Weight: 0.5 kg, 510 g
Additional Features: Self timer, slow motion playback, date/time stamp

Lens Features
Optical Sensor Type: CCD
Optical Sensor Size: 1/4"
Maximum Focal Length: 38 mm
Minimum Focal Length: 3 mm
Display: LCD display - TFT active matrix - 2.5" - color

Flash Features
Flash Type: Built-in flash

Sucker sells for ove $650 if you were to buy it new. Comes complete with everything that it came with. All cables, two batteies, battery charger, and a media docking station. Fucking awesome deal. We're asking for $425 (including shipping). Goes up on eBay in a couple of days if no one wants it, so let me know. Ask any questions!

video cameras fall into the category of use-it-once-and-forget-about-it consumer goods

I am not familiar with either situation. I have a toddler who does some funny shit but I think I would be so distracted trying to get stuff recorded that I'd miss it anyway. I'll just rely on my memory (that I'm sure will start fading soon - I'm 30 you know, catching up with Lurch and Jay)

video cameras fall into the category of use-it-once-and-forget-about-it consumer goods

pretty sure that's a load of bullshit... I guess maybe you're right if you buy it for your trip to florida with the wife and kids so you can videotape the little shits running around at Disney World, but if you take film/photography seriously, I wouldn't necessarily agree.

If one were to take film/photography seriously, they wouldnt be buying $400 taperecorders. That's all I was saying.
The entry point to serious photography is about $1000 and serious filming requires about $3000 for an HD recorder.