TS 808 Reissue ?

Get the Maxon OD-808. I have that one and also from what I heard it is the most close one to the original as it has the same chip inside.

commandante said:
Get the Maxon OD-808. I have that one and also from what I heard it is the most close one to the original as it has the same chip inside.

hey shane. i know you from the deth bb

i have the maxon od808 as well. i run it before the line in on my 5150, like adam from killswitch engage, as well as the rhythm guitar player from shadows fall into his marshall mode 4.. it really tightens up the sound. i cant really tell when im strumming at full gain, but palm mutes are much tighter. i keep the gain on the pedal at about 1 or 2, so im strictly using this pedal as a clean boost. always on.

i think i scored it off of ebay for 80 bucks.

as far as comparing it to the ibanez version, maybe check the reviews for each one on harmony central and see if theres any comparisons. you'll probably see a few people say how maxon was the original manufacturer of the tube screamer for ibanez back in the day

eddie

Thanks for the advice...

Yesterday I picked up an Ibanez TS9 tube screamer (for $120 with two packs of strings, couldn't refuse the deal!) and I really dig the sound of it. I've compared it with the tube screamer model in my POD XT and it's VERY close, but I like the real tube screamer a little better I think... although somehow the POD emulated version is sounding better in tracks...

I am going to have to experiment with it more. If nothing else, the tube screamer will breathe new life into my aging Line 6 Flextone II amp, which sounds nowhere near as good as the POD XT.

I recently bought an Ibanez TS 808 just to see (hear) the difference between the real thing and the PodXT version.

The problem is: the pots don't correspond to each other!!! Can you help me to match wich one on the PodXT stand for what on the real TS 808?

Except for the 'tone' one, this one is the same, i think... :loco:

Wow, talk about an old post...

Since I posted this, I have sold the TS9 and upgraded to the TS808 reissue. I will be getting a Maxon OD808 next. Yeah......

In any case, the real thing sounds way better than the emulated version. Not just "slightly." I forget what the labels are on the Screamer in the POD XT but they are in a different order than they appear on the real unit, and they have different names. I think the Distortion should be called Drive or Gain or something, and Volume or Mix is Level... or something... I will check on this when I get home from work and post back.

The TS808 reissue sounds better than the TS9, but obviously it does not have true bypass... which is lame for live situations where you want to go clean, etc.

I gotta reiterate... the Atomic FAT Multiscream! is the way to go. TS808 clone, on setting ONE.... setting two (brown) is the same tone, with 15% more gain, and setting three (steroid) is the same tone with 15% MORE gain. Its bad-ass.

fatmulti.jpg

Well, I have a Maxon OD-808.

The knobs are Overdrive on Maxon = Drive on POD
Balance on Maxon = Gain on POD
Tone on Maxon... Duh!

Brooks said:
I gotta reiterate... the Atomic FAT Multiscream! is the way to go. TS808 clone, on setting ONE.... setting two (brown) is the same tone, with 15% more gain, and setting three (steroid) is the same tone with 15% MORE gain. Its bad-ass.

fatmulti.jpg

I don't really need more gain, I already have PLENTY in my setup. Is this true bypass? I'm gonna go with Maxon OD 808 in any case.