• TS 1

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • TS 2

Votes: 16 80.0%

• Total voters
Looks like 2 is the winner by a long shot. So without further ado:

TS1 = TSE 808 from Onqel
TS2 = Ibanez TS7

I think using different settings definitely would have made this a tougher call. Both were set with the drive nearly 0, tone about 9 o'clock and level at noon. One thing I did notice with the software though is that there was something slightly piercing in the high end (which seems to be a bit masked in these mp3 files). That may have been fixed by not using the 4x oversampling feature, but who knows.

I'm going to try this again in a bit with a faster riff and diff tone/settings.

edit: fixed software name

Yeah, that TSE_808v1.0.zip is the software one that I used. I would try the TSS, but I'm sure given the immense talent that Onqel has for software coding that it's leaps and bounds more realistic that the TSS. It's a good thought, but considering that they're both free plugs, I think I'll stick with the higher quality one.

Looks like 2 is the winner by a long shot. So without further ado:

TS1 = TSE 808 from Onqel
TS2 = Ibanez TS7

For a fair comparison you should compare it to the Maxon OD808, which it's modeled after :p
The TS7 have a single transitor in the input and output buffer, where the OD808 have OPAMP's.. that's not an 'issue', but they have slightly different components in the tonestage's etc :lol:
For a TS7 emulation I think TSS is closer in the frequency domain

Hi Onqel! I really wasn't expecting them to sound identical, for the various reasons you mentioned. I was just hoping to be able to get a decent improvement in the sound out of both of them. Again, with different settings I think it's possible that your 808 can compete with, and maybe sound better than, a real TS regardless of the make. Next time I'm going to try to get each sounding as good as I can regardless of how different they are set from each other.