Tubescreamer Mono?

Ganks

Nov 1, 2009
Hey guys,

I just downloaded the free TSS, and I was just using it as a SEND for my guitar bus.

But for some reason it doesn't want to work when panned 100% to the R?

I have 2 guitar buses. One for my left channel, and one for right.

It doesn't work on the right channel bus.
Is this because the plugin is mono?

That being said, is there a way to fix this?

Sorry if this has been answered..

I checked the Tubescreamer FAQ, but that thread seems to deal more with the physical pedal than the plugin itself.
Thanks guys.

well, it's supposed to go before the amp, the whole point of it is to change the signal that the amp is getting. it is definitely not a stereo plug.

ps. I am finally getting to work on that mix I promised you. sorry it took me so long, I suck haha.

At least my version of TSS works on stereo. I use it on a stereo group.
capturarf.jpg

[UEAK]Clowd;8765071 said:
wow is there a new version or something? mine doesn't look like that.

I don´t know. It reads on the bottom "GUI shell wraps the TSS.dll of BTE Audio", so I guess it´s just the skin that changed. But it works on stereo, I can assure you. Actually it´s even written in blue on the GUI.

I know it's supposed to go before the amp, but I really like the beefiness it adds to my guitars as an FX, so I'm trying to make this work.

Here's what I'm doing..

I've got 2 guitar tracks, panned 100% R & L.

I've created 2 guitar "FX tracks", as I like to name them. :)
On these 2 guitar "FX tracks", I've added the TSS as an insert FX. I dial in my settings, and then on that FX track, I set the receive to Guitar L.

On the other FX track, I set the receive to Guitar R.

I then pan my FX tracks to the left and right and level out the volume.

It works WONDEFULLY on the left, and NOTHING comes out on the right.

In fact, if I look at my plugins on that track, and uncheck it, the sound immediately comes through on that receive track.

Once I enable the TSS, it disappears.
I'm using REAPER.

Any suggestions?

PS, I got the TSS from that BTE audio site thing.
It was free, and it was version 1.0, I think.

Is there a new version?

OH, and in my VST list in Reaper, it says the VST name and then (mono) next to it.