TURISAS for 2008

They look harmless enough....
thurisas.jpg

Hey, it's no secret that Glen lurks this forum.
Seriously, ask him how ELVENKING came about for him.
Was it word of mouth, or is he personally familiar with them?

I am shocked that Power Quest have not been snagged up yet.

For the record, I would not be opposed to Turisas as a potential token power metal band for next year...because unlike so many other suggested bands of similar type, these guys are actually somewhat relative right now & would therefore draw at least a couple hundred ppl.

Don't hold your breath though...since it's all about how bad they want to come here & how band you guys want them (hint hint...sponsors...hint hint :p).

I put the word out yesterday on thier message board, hoping the fellow internet barbarians would come over here and help the good fight.

Rob....how about picking up a second job to cover Turisas:lol:

OK, this is the first time that I actually sat down and investigated Turisaz. They aren't nearly as "cheesy" as I expected them to be, musically anyway. I'd feel obligated to come to the fest with a flailing sword though. Ha! No worse than me wanting to drink from a horn at an Amon Amarth show though. I would not cry if Turisaz was booked.

since it's all about how bad they want to come here & how band you guys want them (hint hint...sponsors...hint hint :p).

Rob, are you guys going to lay details of any structured sponsorship arrangements? I talked to Chris at the Epica show and told him I'm game to try to help out a bit, but I don't want to just start tossing out random dollar amounts and naming random bands. Do you have anything for potential sponsors to go on, in terms of what bands are realistic and what level of sponsorship you consider reasonable? At one point, you discussed a kind of tiered sponsorship set-up, which sounded pretty cool.

Ken

Actually Turisas are not power metal, more viking/folk/some death and power metal tossed in the mix...very epic too. The first disc had more of a Bal-Sagoth feel and the new one really is great. This is the kind of bands that will draw all those people from the Finntroll show. Plus they are on Century Media...which really means nothing now a days, they have so much crap on that label, but it might help if they were also promote it too. Look at the buzz Elvenking is getting in one day since the announcement. Hopefully a band like Turisas gets to play. at least it is a band that wont put the crowd to sleep.

I was at Best Buy today and they had Turisas.
I had to do a double take at first.

I agree with Bob though. They aren't really what I would call "token" power metal.

We can get Power Quest for that!!!

Well, regardless of what path the fest takes, I think booking a folk metal band would be a good move.
I say that, and I am not even that big of a fan of the genre.

Will you bring a flag?

Only thing that annoys me about these guys is that their management turned off the power to the Elvenking amps at one festival, to end Elvenking's set so that they could get their own equal time on stage (the fest started late or something, so all sets were reduced... sadly EK's got reduced even more...).