turntable.fm

MasterOLightning

Optimator
Jun 3, 2003
Chicago
www.myspace.com
What do you think about having a UM room over there?

If you aren't familiar, it's a free music site where up to five people are DJs and can play music from the turntable.fm library, or they can upload songs personally. So people hang out and listen to music and/or chat. It just requires a Facebook or Twitter account, but you can change your screenname if identity bothers you for some reason. I'm pretty sure they mine your Facebook for info, but there's no excuse for sharing more than you need to there anyway.

The metal selection is surprisingly good. There are albums you'd expect to be there that aren't for whatever reason, but there's some pretty obscure stuff too. And you can always upload to get around that anyway. I've enjoyed some of the metal rooms there lately, but the main one is so preoccupied with being nice that it circled around into dickishness.

If some of you are interested, I'll get it started and provide the link.

Great site, despite the region restrictions. I'm a semi-regular in a good metal room already and would welcome having another to go to.

I didn't know about the region thing. That sucks. Anyway, unless it seems like we have 5-10 people who would participate regularly, it's probably easier just to check out the rooms that are there. Unfortunately, the one that is likely running late at night can be pretty shitty. During the day there's a reliably good room or two, which I'm sure you'll figure out pretty quickly.

Maybe i'll get this working using Tor. Let me see.

EDIT: And it worked. I'm using an American IP address.

I started using turntable again. We should definitely get a room going.

I signed up! I probably won't be on much though but hopefully I get the chance to chat with you guys and listen to music soon. :) My name on there is reverseinverted.