Two Buss Compressor, Smart C1 or Roll 755?

Mike 24

Jul 23, 2007
MA
Hello all:
I am ready to buy a mix buss unit and have it somewhat narrowed down to these two units. I want to hear from real users of both which one they might recommend for two buss duty for the all out Metal stuff. If I should look at other brands then please advise as this will be an expensive purchase I don't want to make an uniformed decision.
Thanks!

I'm always cautious when using outboard in an ITB setup. It's wise not to take too many trips in and out of the box unless you have very decent AD/DA. More often than not a good plugin can do better when dealing with sub-par conversion. I would rent the units or a similar product for thorough testing with your current rig before dropping a stack of cash.

Just curious why you arn't considering the C2?

Also, Chameleon labs is getting ready to release what appears to be an SSL clone for a very decent price. Maybe its worth waiting a bit to see how this unit is?

i had the opportunity to use a C2 a little bit not too long ago, and it worked really well for some hardcore parallel drum compression...didn't have time to try it out on the master, but you'd probably have to be some sort of idiot to make it not work out well