Tyketto

Greeno

Oct 14, 2003
WV USA
While in a used record shop the other day I picked up Tyketto "Don't Come Easy" on cass for 50 cents.... I'll try anything for that cheap! :) Man, what a great album! Any fans here of this band? I some how missed them back in the day, guess I passed on them as "just another hair band". For the last couple of years I've been trying to picking up all of the stuff I missed back in the 80's. I'm amazed at the amount of underground metal there was, it's all I collect now and I see no end in sight. :)

I've got that album too, great melodic hard rock! "Forever Young" is one of the ULTIMATE hard rock songs, and what a great voice Danny Vaughn has!!!!

Wings, Lay Your Body Down and Burning Down Inside are other faves off it!

While, they weren't one of the better bands of the genre, I believe the track "Seasons" is on that one. What a killer track that one was. You might want to check out Salty Dog another band that came out at the same time. Same label too. Was it Geffen?! "Come Along" from Salty Dog was a huge radio hit on Z-Rock back in the day.

Greeno said:
While in a used record shop the other day I picked up Tyketto "Don't Come Easy" on cass for 50 cents.... I'll try anything for that cheap! :) Man, what a great album! Any fans here of this band? I some how missed them back in the day, guess I passed on them as "just another hair band"...
Another of my favorite hard-rock bands. Both DON'T COME EASY & STRENGTH IN NUMBERS are essential, while the third disc, SHINE, gets a bit too gospelly for me (new singer, formerly in Tall Stories, now in Journey). Brooke St. James on guitar is just awesome. Check out his work with Steve Grimmett in Lionsheart on UNDER FIRE. Great stuff. Also, if you never heard it, check out Danny Vaughn's performance with UFO's Pete Way in Waysted - SAVE YOUR PRAYERS, 1986.

sixxswine said:
That track was rather sappy, I guess?:p
Naah! "Standing Alone" may be considered sappy (still very good, but overplayed), but "Seasons" was cool. Nice easy-going, Summer-like hard rock vibe.. Actually, one of the things I really loved about that band was their ability to put together an album of very diverse intensity that still sounded cohesive and hooked me all the way through. Even the "fillers" aren't really skippable, IMO..

I've been DYING to hear Save Your Prayers. When I met Johnny Dee from Britny Fox earlier this year, the singer of my band said to him "I have a question for you... Why the hell isn't Save Your Prayers available on CD?!? It's one of the best albums ever!" etc haha!

The Trooper said:
Black N Blue discs have been reissued now though so you can get them at a reasonable price :)

It's just insane that those 4 albums have been out of print for soo long. I grabbed copies of the reissues on eBay, they (Majestic Rock) did a nice job on them.