Tyketto

edgeofthorns

24 Hours Ago...
Jan 2, 2005
City beneath the surface
Any fans? Sadly enough, I've just discovered them via Sirus 23. After I heard the band I had to purchase "Don't Come Easy", but I haven't received it yet.

Please tell me any knowledge you have about the band, concert experiences, cd recommendations, etc.

Thanks!
~Brian~

Big fan of the first two albums (Don't Come Easy, Strength in Numbers), but never got around to ordering any of the more recent releases. These guys were one of the better, straight forward hard rock outfits that briefly hit the air waves near the end of the hair metal era, along with groups like XYZ, Tall Stories, etc. I'd definitely be interested in some thoughts on the newer stuff, as I am still a sucker for this genre.

Amazing band. Danny Vaughn has 1 hell of a voice!

One of many many many killer hard rock bands I just love.

Any fans? Sadly enough, I've just discovered them via Sirus 23. After I heard the band I had to purchase "Don't Come Easy", but I haven't received it yet.

Please tell me any knowledge you have about the band, concert experiences, cd recommendations, etc.

Thanks!
~Brian~

Hey man, big fan of all Tyketto and Vaughn releases. "Don't Come Easy" and "Strength in Numbers" are two awesome releases. Danny Vaughn (singer) left them after that for his solo work and "Shine" was release with ex-Journey singer Steve Augeri. Average release, worth having if you are a collector. Vaughn's solo releases are as good if not better than the Tyketto releases. Definately pick up "Fearless", "Soldiers and Sailors On Riverside", and "Traveller" if you like the vocals on Tyketto, Danny's voice has a killer range. The project "From the Inside" also has Danny of vocals as well. Good cd, not as good as his other stuff though. They've done some Tyketto reunion shows overseas to great reception but nothing in the States for along time. He wanted to have Tyketto play Rocklahoma but according to his website Rocklahoma really didn't think they wanted them there to play (not big enough?) Tyketto and/or Vaughn are a couple of the bands on the top of my list for bands I've never seen but really want to.

Big fan of the first two albums (Don't Come Easy, Strength in Numbers), but never got around to ordering any of the more recent releases. These guys were one of the better, straight forward hard rock outfits that briefly hit the air waves near the end of the hair metal era, along with groups like XYZ, Tall Stories, etc. I'd definitely be interested in some thoughts on the newer stuff, as I am still a sucker for this genre.

Well, there isn't really much "newer" stuff from Tyketto per se. After Strength in Numbers, Danny Vaughn left the band and Steve Augeri took over on an album called Shine. After that, a compilation cd of various live tracks was released (can't remember the name of it). By the mid-1990s or so the band was done.

Danny Vaughn put together another band called "Vaughn" and they released 2 albums a while back. He has also released a couple (at least) solo albums and done a variety of guest vocals here and there.

Hope that helps. :)

Stephanie

Hey man, big fan of all Tyketto and Vaughn releases. "Don't Come Easy" and "Strength in Numbers" are two awesome releases. Danny Vaughn (singer) left them after that for his solo work and "Shine" was release with ex-Journey singer Steve Augeri. Average release, worth having if you are a collector. Vaughn's solo releases are as good if not better than the Tyketto releases. Definately pick up "Fearless", "Soldiers and Sailors On Riverside", and "Traveller" if you like the vocals on Tyketto, Danny's voice has a killer range. The project "From the Inside" also has Danny of vocals as well. Good cd, not as good as his other stuff though. They've done some Tyketto reunion shows overseas to great reception but nothing in the States for along time. He wanted to have Tyketto play Rocklahoma but according to his website Rocklahoma really didn't think they wanted them there to play (not big enough?) Tyketto and/or Vaughn are a couple of the bands on the top of my list for bands I've never seen but really want to.

Thanks man! I'll check out his solo releases as well at some point. He seems to be really well respected within the melodic rock circles.

~Brian~

A side note here, Danny Vaughn does a PHENOMENAL vocal performance on an album called "Once and Future King" featuring several melodic metal singers (DC Cooper, Gary Hughes, Lana Lane, etc). The song he does is called "Avalon." Melodic hard rock does not get any better than that song!

Thanks man! I'll check out his solo releases as well at some point. He seems to be really well respected within the melodic rock circles.

~Brian~

His website could help direct you to his myspace and you could hear some of his solo stuff. Pretty comparable to Tyketto, very catchy tunes. Also, you can freely download a rarities cd from his site:

http://www.dannyvaughn.com
http://www.myspace.com/vaughnband
http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3728337350

I also have a bluesy cd that is pretty hard to find that he did years back under the band name "Flesh and Blood", the album was call Blues for Daze.
Also a very cool cd.