UDO-Nailed to Metal:The Lost Tracks

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
UDO-Nailed to Metal: The Lost Tracks
By: Ruben “Metal Heart” Mosqueda
If you are a die hard Accept fanatic this live record will be a walk down memory lane. Nailed to Metal:The Lost Tracks is jam packed with Accept tracks which include; “Fast As A Shark, “Restless and Wild,” “Metal Heart,” and “Balls to the Wall.” There are three tracks from UDO’s solo career and the tracks are; "Holy," "Raiders of the Beyond" and "Thunder in the Tower." These are strong tracks, that could easily pass as Accept unreleased material. Let’s be honest, the tracks lack that spark. There are a couple of awkward moments on here; the first being the use of entire track on this record for a drum solo! I’m all for giving drummers some love, but is this necessary?! I suppose it is handy, as you can skip the track all together. The next oddition(yes that’s right!) to this set is the inclusion of “X-T-C.” Remember that one?! It was off the Eat the Heat disc, which UDO didn’t even sing on?! Was there really an overwhelming request for this?! I highly doubt it. Though, it‘s a better track with the voice that was meant to be used on that record Nailed to Metal:The Lost Tracks as said before, does have some great moments, namely the classic Accept material. While it’s yet to be seen if Accept will extend their reunion to the united states, this documents what UDO is currently all about. And his band does brilliant renditions of the classic songs. Judge for yourself.