UFO w/ Vinnie Moore anyone?

schenkadere

Obey my dog!
Apr 24, 2005
NY
www.soundclick.com
Anyone planning on seeing this tour? I'm going in NY tomorrow night. I'm not jazzed about their newer material, but I'm excited to see Vinnie Moore plugged into the Michael Schenker role. Old Schenker is great stuff and Moore was always one of my favorite shredders with that little extra style and feel that is so often lacking.

I decided not to go awhile back. My last experience at The Chance was not very good. They sold the place like 150% for Queensryche, prolly happen for UFO too, Im not into standing shoulder to shoulder in 90* rooms with low oxygen content. I'll be looking forward to hearing about the concert though... make me regret not going... have fun!

I decided not to go awhile back. My last experience at The Chance was not very good. They sold the place like 150% for Queensryche, prolly happen for UFO too, Im not into standing shoulder to shoulder in 90* rooms with low oxygen content. I'll be looking forward to hearing about the concert though... make me regret not going... have fun!

Wow...I've never seen it that crowded...UFO on a Thursday night? I don't know...hope not.

We went way up in the balcany and even then up on the platform above the balchony... probably why it was 90*+ Sound was good though, I was headed downstairs to go out and get some O2 after Don Dokken and it took 10 minutes to get to the door... at which point they said I needed to use the side door which was another 10 minutes away...... lol. So I said screw it and went back up to HELL!

We went way up in the balcany and even then up on the platform above the balchony... probably why it was 90*+ Sound was good though, I was headed downstairs to go out and get some O2 after Don Dokken and it took 10 minutes to get to the door... at which point they said I needed to use the side door which was another 10 minutes away...... lol. So I said screw it and went back up to HELL!

Last two shows I went to, they kept the balcony closed...don't know why.

Where do you live Meedles? You can come along...I'll spot you a ticket.:) Going with my bro and my oldest son.

I'm in St. Paul, MN at the moment. When I checked, they weren't coming anywhere within reasonable distance of me. I've got way too much going on this week and next anyway. The fact that I'm seeing Andy Timmons in 2 weeks is helping me cope though:)

I'm in St. Paul, MN at the moment. When I checked, they weren't coming anywhere within reasonable distance of me. I've got way too much going on this week and next anyway. The fact that I'm seeing Andy Timmons in 2 weeks is helping me cope though:)

Well, if you were closer, you'd be more than welcome. Andy Timmons? I'm jealous...you know he's one of my favorites. I should check if he'll be in my area.

I'm very excited to see Vinnie Moore...especially in a vocal band.

UFO is the first band I was really into as a kid, so seeing them has a special meaning. That and the fact that I started playing guitar after hearing Schenker's solo for Only You Can Rock Me from UFO's Obsession. Good stuff...good memories. Passing the torch to my oldest again.:headbang:

OMG...just got back...one of the best shows I've ever seen....Vinnie Moore was amazing...he handed me a pick and then I gave him one of mine...what a pisser! I've been a long time fan, but Moore paid homage to Schenker by keeping his important melodies and then adding his own wonderful touch.

So you are in essence telling me I should be slapped silly for missing it... ?

what size crowd did they draw ? sound quality ? ect. ect.

Well, I'm sorry I missed it then. Where do you usually try to find your spot there ? For Kamalot I was on the stage side on the platform by the door, Im glad Im at least 5'10" but Im not sure people behind me could see well. Looks like if you want the center floor you need to get there and stick tight. Way back in '93 was the other of the three times I was there... for Dream Theater and it probably wasnt even a 50% crowd so that was a great show.... for me.... I wandered all over... lol