uhmm.. i think i like October Tide better than old Kata :o

Manbient

Queer Old Man
Jan 12, 2002
Calgary, AB, Canada
www.bumblelovesmusic.com
seriously... been listening to the 2 OT albums and BMD and... well BMD is a more consistently good album (every song is AWESOME) i think the best songs of October Tide are better :eek: anyone else here agree? i never thought i would say that when i heard of October Tide (since they get like no mention anywhere) but i am dead serious. For the style i like OT better. And now you know that.

OMG kthx....

well... i think songs like 12 days of rain, grey dawn, and all painted cold just have this cool wall of sound emotion thing... sorta like parts of Opeth's MAYH album. NOt acoustic and slow, but heavy and still emotional. So WIN!. yes. i don't know. Also... anyone know more bands like October Tide? Doom Metal was never one of my favorite styles but i think i am being swayed...

OT is great...

Katatonia is teh win....

:p

i have only heard grey dawn, but i think it has it realy strong moment and its realy weak ones... there are some songs i realy dont like on it, whereas katatonia always goes briliant....

Jobby said:
what is this supposed to mean? it makes no sense whatsoever, and could probably never be used in any context.
I probably shouldn't be explaining this to you, but..... ;)

'teh' is 'the' typed wrong, so the statement is "Katatonia is the win", which translated means "Katatonia are great". Essentially, if you listen to Katatonia then you are are winner. And Katatonia are also winners, for being Katatonia. Win! :D

this explanation is teh lose

Hard to decide!!! I think OT is a great band. I have the two cd from them. Great, really great! But Katatonia(old cd) are great too! Brave are perfect, one steep in front than OT cd's. Not so big difference, but songs like Rainroom(the best song from katatonia ever!) Murder, Endtime... Uuuaahhh!

It's too hard say: "It's better this band 'cause...." OT and Katatonia are the best!! Both are great and makes me feel in the same way; emotion, dark feelings.

No way. They don't even come close, and certainly don't have anything to do with doom.
thank you

yourdeadgroom said:
I probably shouldn't be explaining this to you, but..... ;)

'teh' is 'the' typed wrong, so the statement is "Katatonia is the win", which translated means "Katatonia are great". Essentially, if you listen to Katatonia then you are are winner. And Katatonia are also winners, for being Katatonia. Win! :D

i see. so couldnt everything have been made easier by writing "katatonia is great", rather than deliberately making a typo, and causing confusion by writing a sentence that makes no sense?
im only 17, but back in the day on the internet, we wrote in english on an english messageboard.

on another note. yes, katatonia are great :)

October tide is very very good.
I would rank them like this:
Katatonia - Dance of December Souls
October Tide - Rain Without End
Katatonia - Brave Murder Day
October Tide - Grey Dawn.

Jobby said:
i see. so couldnt everything have been made easier by writing "katatonia is great", rather than deliberately making a typo, and causing confusion by writing a sentence that makes no sense?
im only 17, but back in the day on the internet, we wrote in english on an english messageboard.

KEKEKE

Comedy platinum!

Roofles.

I've only heard a few October Tide songs and that was over a year ago so I couldn't really give a fair judgement. Of what I remember, it was great though.

Jobby said:

Where would language be without progression and evolution? The internet is simple speeding this up. Shupgowaykthxbye.