Ultima Dude! <-----

Hi Virus,
I'm from virtually the opposite end of the country. I'm down in Brighton.
I was going to ask where you're from, but obviously I can see. Then I was going to ask what instrument you play on the IMG, but then I can see that, too.
Now I seem like an uncommunicative bugger :bah:

Virus is IMG member #2...or maybe #1...I dunno...he and EC have to work that out between them. The two of them really started the whole deal.

That being said...Virus comes and goes. He has that crazy rock and roll lifestyle he must lead...and that means he must be away from the rest of us here at the IMG for months. :rolleyes:

...but when he comes back (welcome back Virus)..he is a whirlwind of posting activity! :p

Originally posted by Ultima Ibanez Overlord
Hi Virus,
I'm from virtually the opposite end of the country. I'm down in Brighton.
I was going to ask where you're from, but obviously I can see. Then I was going to ask what instrument you play on the IMG, but then I can see that, too.
Now I seem like an uncommunicative bugger :bah:

Brighton, cool! :) Nah, your not uncommunicative! Just mysterious! ;) What's the weather been like there? It's been cold as hell here :yuk:

Originally posted by rabies
That being said...Virus comes and goes. He has that crazy rock and roll lifestyle he must lead...and that means he must be away from the rest of us here at the IMG for months. :rolleyes:

...but when he comes back (welcome back Virus)..he is a whirlwind of posting activity! :p

If working 54 hours plus doing 3 full days at college with loads of homework and trying to find the time to eat is rock 'n' roll I don't want it! ;)

Thanks for the welcome Rabs! :D

Virus, yeah, I've been paying attention to the weather reports since I had to take a flight recently. We've had virtually the same weather. It's been horrible here, too.

What is the rock music scene like up there? It must surely be better than down here. Up in Nottingham there's the Rock Club and lots of bands seem to play up north, too.
Down here it's all Fat Boy Slm (since he lives here) and Indy music fans :bah:

Do you play in a band? I play in two, but getting gigs is hard work. I have to take spots in other things that don't really interest me.

Lee

Originally posted by Ultima Ibanez Overlord
Virus, yeah, I've been paying attention to the weather reports since I had to take a flight recently. We've had virtually the same weather. It's been horrible here, too.

What is the rock music scene like up there? It must surely be better than down here. Up in Nottingham there's the Rock Club and lots of bands seem to play up north, too.
Down here it's all Fat Boy Slm (since he lives here) and Indy music fans :bah:

Do you play in a band? I play in two, but getting gigs is hard work. I have to take spots in other things that don't really interest me.

Lee

Where you get the flight to? Bad weather and flights not good! :eek:

I've been out of the Rock scene loop for a while unfortunately, it used to be pretty good there's the Corporation, Under the Boardwalk, a few rock related pubs and of course the infamous Wappenteck which is now a trendy wine bar unfortunately! :mad:

Rock City is a pretty cool place! Only been once, but it was a mega night! :D

I used to play in a band, but I got fired! Not for any fault of my own, the other guitarist was a wanker! ;) What are the 2 bands your in? :D

I flew to Amsterdam, to see Sun Caged play, on the 31st of January, and flew back on the 1st of February. I was lucky 'cause a lot of UK airports were closed, but Gatwaick prevailed :)

Rock City, that's it, not The Rock Club, as I mistakenly called it. There is nowhere dedicated to rock music here, but occassionally, you can find a rock/metal gig going on, but usually in the form of so called "nu-metal". :bah:

The two bands I play in at the moment are Continuum, my main progressive rock band. I'm the only guitarist, so no other guitarists to fight with over who solo's :D
But most of our songs are one huge solo, anyhow lol

The other band is one I've just joined. I'm not sure how much longer I'll want to work with them, though. It's sort of like Pantera-style thrash, but I am finding the music a little too dull and simplistic. Every song is heavy, with no texture. I'm only with them for the gigging, which starts within a month or so.

Lee