ULVER Perform At Norwegian Festival Of Literature; Video Available

Okay well I went to the show and it was great. It was short, maybe an hour tops! I spoke with Garm and tore after the show and they were very humble and grateful of all the people that traveled to see them. I came from Tucson, AZ USA there were people from all over, USA, Mexico, and even Australia! They played songs from Blake, Perdition city, Blood inside, Shadows, and they opened with "little blue birds" from Quick fix. Tore said that getting things into the live setting was very hard to do, as well as time consuming.. They had seven musicians on stage including themselves. There was a guy from the band Guapo (signed to ipecac) that filled in guitar, bass and piano! Garm played percussion, manned a laptop and of course took care of all the vocals. Garm mentioned that there were two Ulver releases due out soon. 1) is a split with Sunn O))) and 2) is a cover album which they have talked about doing for quite some time now. I also asked if they were going to do the soundtrack for the movie "Lords of Chaos", Garm replied with the notion that they have been in contact with the Chaos guys about it, but nothing was concrete. However Tore said that it was unlikely at this point to happen. Tore also confirmed that Ulver will be playing more shows in the future. He expressed that "Ulver has to, in order to stay financially alive". He was talking about how everyone downloads music now, and there aren't many avenues left to finance the cost of making music. All in all it was a great show, the wolves are so very humble and friendly it’s truly amazing. They did a great job, and spent quality time with fans after show, drinking beer, talking, picture taking and laughing.
-Mangelli