ULVER To Release 'Messe I.X-VI.X' This Fall

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Norway's celestial dark rock outfit ULVER will release its new album, "Messe I.X - IV.X", on October 8. The effort will be available this fall as a vinyl, download and CD, which also features a 5.1 surround mix of the album. Fans can pre-order "Messe I.X - IV.X" through the Kscope webstore. A new song "Glamour Box (Ostinati)" is currently streaming online on the "Messe I.X - IV.X" mini-site."Messe I.X - IV.X" track listing: 01. As Syrians Pour In, Lebanon Grapples With Ghosts Of A Bloody Past02. Shri Schneider03. Glamour Box (Ostinati)04. Son Of Man05. Noche Oscura Del Alma06. Mother Of Mercy The follow up to 2011's acclaimed "Wars Of The Roses", "Messe I.X - IV.X" is a different entity; reverberating 2007's somber and solemn "Shadows Of The Sun", with the band even going as far as to say it feels like a companion piece to it. The album also echoes the early electronic experiments of EPs "Silence Teaches You How to Sing" and "Silencing The Singing", and is furthermore said to invoke the ghost of an abandoned Nattens madrigal renaissance-project. Six compositions altogether written, produced, recorded and mixed by ULVER, this time consisting of Ole Alexander Halstensgård, Kristoffer Rygg, Jørn H. Sværen and Tore Ylwizaker, with additional aid and advice from composer Martin Romberg, who also arranged the music for the 21 members of Tromsø Chamber Orchestra. The album also features the extraordinary talents of contemporary composers/musicians Ole-Henrik Moe and Kari Rønnekleiv. The Norwegian master has evolved over the past two decades to cross an astonishing body of disciplines, taking in ambient, avant-garde, electronic, psychedelic, prog and jazz influences. Now it is the electronic, atmospheric and classical sensibilities which come to the fore on "Messe I.X - IV.X".
ulvermessecd.jpg

More...