Upcoming Australian Gigs/Tours by Australian Artists (Plug your bands)

I know there was already a plug thread started, but I figured it would be good to combine that idea with one for announcing shows from any aussie bands not just people's own.

Feel free to post flyers, press releases, or just chat about any of the upcoming tours/shows and how great/bad you think they are going to be! :)

Welkin Entertainment Presents

BE’LAKOR
STONE’S REACH
AUSTRALIAN TOUR

A dark, melodic death metal band from Melbourne, BE’LAKOR has quickly come to be regarded as one of Australia’s more promising and creative metal acts.

Two years have passed since the independent release of their debut, The Frail Tide. In this time, the band’s international reputation has grown rapidly on the back of high acclaim from reviewers and a dedicated and ever-growing fan base. Drawing influences from the natural world and the perpetual struggle between destruction and life, Be’lakor creates songs that take the listener on a compelling journey. Their highly anticipated second album, Stone’s Reach, was released on June 20 through Prime Cuts Music/Riot and Be’lakor will be venturing across Australia for the first time, taking in performances in Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane & Sydney.

Sat, June 20@ The Espy, Melbourne, VIC
with ‘Neath, Envenomed, Arbrynth, Untruth

Sat, July 4@ The Enigma Bar, Adelaide, SA
with Black Orchid, Quasar & Quest

Fri, July 10@ Monstrothic, Brisbane, QLD
with ‘Neath Archaea & Aeternitas

Fri, July 31@ Corner Hotel, Melbourne, VIC
with Eyefear, Ne Obliviscaris, Alarum, The Ocularis Infernum & more

Sat, August 8@ Bald Faced Stag, Sydney, NSW
with Dreadnaught, Switchblade & Pergamum

http://www.myspace.com/belakor
http://www.myspace.com/welkinentertainment

BelakorTourUPDATED.jpg

ADELAIDE SHOW:
4-July-Black-Orchid-WEB.jpg

BRISBANE SHOW:
July10FlyerWEB.jpg

Might just go to Dethballet, sounds interesting dunno about the music though...not too partial on Dethklok (nor metalocalypse for that matter).

Nevertheless this next month or so will be good for me:
May 22nd - Rainshadow, Arbrynth, Wood of Suicides & Okera
May 23rd - Alarum, Ne Obliviscaris, Aeon of Horus & House of Thumbs
June 1st - Morbid 'fucking' Angel, Aphotic Dawn & The Ocularis Infernum
June 20th - Be'lakor, 'Neath, Envenomed, Arbrynth & Untruth
June 25th - Ghostface Killah
June 27th - Psycroptic, The Amenta & Ruins

Did I miss any?

I have a spare ticket, since I was just informed one of my friends can't make it. It's yours if you want it.

Thanks for the offer, but I've decided not to go. Got work the next day, and I'm already taking this coming Sunday off to recuperate from the Arthouse and the Espy gigs.

Hope you have a good time.

Progfest Brisbane:

August 14th

ALCHEMIST (ACT)
TOEHIDER (VIC)
'NEATH
ARCANE
DEAD LETTER OPENER
THE SURROGATE
CONVERSATIONS WITH THE SUN
AFTER EARTH

Plus more TBA.

Rosies on Edward Street. Upstairs AND Downstairs.

I'm hoping to be there :)

more details!!

Er, four bands.
I missed most of the first band, Okera, but what I heard was pretty good, couple of long songs, midpaced with a nice groove throughout.
Second band, Woods of Suicide, a three piece, started off sounding like funeral doom with very slow, deep, noisy passages overlaid with harsh shrieks. Slowly (slowly..) built up, but funnily enough even when they seemed to have some fair speed going they still sounded quite slow. There was not a moment of silence from when they started to when they finished. All up, one of the more unusual bands I've heard live. Reminded me in parts of Judas Iscariot and Wolves of the Throne Room, not that they sounded a lot like either. Also reminded me of a very harsh, bleak black metal noise duo playing perhaps at the hifi (after Chalice and others) with video projected in the background; mostly I think I'm reminded of that purely because it was also rather unusual.
Arbrynth were third, they've got some great songs, I'm surprised I remembered them though from the half gig I've seen before - the raven, river's edge, the one with 'what have we become' (?). They also debuted a new song which was fantastic, loved the drumming and the female vox in the middle passage, though elsewhere they were almost inaudible.
Rainshadow closed the night with a much more mellow sound, clean vocals throughout. General room resonances became much more apparent though with a quieter sound; even then, it was really only on the song Ghosts that it was very noticeable. Cool cover of anathema near the end, and I can't remember if Storm was the closer or the penultimate song - either way, the last song went off and was a great ending to the set.

I've only been to the arthouse once before, a couple of months ago perhaps, and this time it seemed quite packed.
So a decent amount of variety and good bands all round, not to mention this one particularly hot chick ...