Upcoming Woods-W3 Press / Magazines to look for!

David Gold

Son of the Darkest Blues
Feb 20, 2004
No hometown, Ontario.
www.woodsofypres.ca
Hey! We have some big press coming up! BIG, like never before! Look for WOODS OF YPRES features in the next BW&BK, Unrestrained! and Metal Maniacs magazines, amongst others. As previously mentioned, we also have two (2!) full pages in the latest issue of Zero Tolerance magazine (UK). If you only buy one copy of each if these mags this year, well... :kickass:

IMO, Fuck all those jaded metal teenagers posting their negative, whiny reviews on their torrent reviews site / blogs, etc... We've finally earned some real press where the writers put as much serious thought into their articles as we do in our music! Fucking awesome! Reading some of that is the next best thing to hearing the album and deciding if you like it for yourself!

+ The Internet is beautiful thing, but I still love a large, piping-hell-hot cup of coffee, a fuckin' donut and a good, printed metal magazine! :heh:

^ Hell yes! Awesome!

Also, hows that interview I sent to you? Obviously you've had a ton on your plate, which is fantastic, there's no deadline or anything, so do em in order of importance. Just curious, probably more for my own personal interest :p :)

Metal Maniacs?

I'm gonna have to pick that one up, I love MM. I've been meaning to subscribe for months, if for nothing else but the posters.

Which, by the way, is something you guys should make. I'd by the shit out of a WoY poster.

I saw that there's gonna be a South Korea scene report in the next issue of Terrorizer. Any word on Necramyth being included in that?

I saw that there's gonna be a South Korea scene report in the next issue of Terrorizer. Any word on Necramyth being included in that?

Funny stuff! The writer guy (a South African dude who's been living in Korea for a number of years) came out to a NECRAMYTH show in the fall and mentioned he was doing this. I ended up sitting directly across the table from him at dinner after the show and we drank, talked about a few things. We'll see what he prints! Weather this guy decided to include NECRAMYTH or not, he should have! Speaking of which, I just posted two new live videos from the Trendkill Extreme Feast Metal fest from this past Saturday in Seoul. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/user/DavidYpres

I buy the new issue of BWBK ( # 109 - Iron Maiden cover ) today.
Unfortunately, no interview with Woods of Ypres ...
However, there's a great review of Woods 3 by David Perri ( 9/10 ):headbang:
Here is an extract : " Record opener - The northern cold - is a jaw-dropping
track worthy of the black metal gods and, as the song plays, you wonder
how the hell Woods of Ypres isn't signed to a big label ( yet ). "

The average score from the writers is 7/10 ( rank at #5 of 23 reviews) :)

The song The northern cold is also on the c.d.

:kickass:

The average score from the writers is 7/10 ( rank at #5 of 23 reviews)

N-ice! Thanks for posting! I obviously haven't seen this yet, but I would guess that "Dom Lawson" gave us a 3 or a 4 out of 10, but good scores might have come fro Bruni, Carl Begai and David Perri of course. Good stuff!

"Pursuit..." also had a 7/10 overall, and 8/10 in the actual review (by Chris Bruni) and was ranked #6th with the rest of the albums. So with W3, a 7/10 overall, a 9/10 in the actual review and #5 ranking overall, we're moving up! :kickass:

+ I've been told that the interview will be in the NEXT issue, so we'll have to wait just a bit longer for that one.

N-ice! Thanks for posting! I obviously haven't seen this yet, but I would guess that "Dom Lawson" gave us a 3 or a 4 out of 10, but good scores might have come fro Bruni, Carl Begai and David Perri of course. Good stuff!

"Pursuit..." also had a 7/10 overall, and 8/10 in the actual review (by Chris Bruni) and was ranked #6th with the rest of the albums. So with W3, a 7/10 overall, a 9/10 in the actual review and #5 ranking overall, we're moving up! :kickass:

+ I've been told that the interview will be in the NEXT issue, so we'll have to wait just a bit longer for that one.

An 8/10 from Bruni is actually a pretty good score too. Hell, 8/10 is great, but from him, even more so...

The new issue of BW&BK is out !

IMG_0894.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg

:kickass: