Uriah Heep worship thread

Jean-Pierre

Son of The Bitch
Jun 27, 2004
Detroit, MI
Time to break out the bong and pay tribute to one of the greatest Rock bands of the early 70's, a band who I see seldom mentioned here in UMOS. They were quite an influence on many Metal bands, especially with all their fantasy driven, epic tunes.

Which albums do you believe are their best? I'd have to say "The Magician's Birthday," "Demons and Wizards," and "Salisbury."

Shot man!, Yeah I like them too, Magician's Birthday and Demons and Wizards are two great albums, I think Mic Box is an excellent guitarist and although they almost had a new lead singer for every album, most of them are brilliant.

I'd add "Look At Yourself" to the "best of" string...
I never liked Box's playing or sound, he was always lame in both departments IMO, but there's so much to old Heep than his sound presence. I'm also not very fond of Byron's sometimes exaggerated vibrato, but he's fine otherwise.

Anyone remember the famous line by some rock journalist:
"If this band makes it ever, I'll kill myself" :tickled:
Well, rest in peace, buddy... ;)

SickBoy said:
Anyone remember the famous line by some rock journalist:
"If this band makes it ever, I'll kill myself" :tickled:
Well, rest in peace, buddy... ;)

Hahaha, yeah, I remember hearing about that! Their bad rep with the critics is comparable to Styx or Rush..

I like "Wonderworld" and "Salisbury". I haven't heard any of the other albums.

I have their best of compilations. Indeed UH is one of those bands that deserves full recognition in rock history and as pillars of prog metal as we know it today.

Wyvern said:
I have their best of compilations. Indeed UH is one of those bands that deserves full recognition in rock history and as pillars of prog metal as we know it today.

Oh yes. Not just prog either, ALL the epic American Metal like Omen, Manilla Road, Cirith Ungol, etc.

Uriah Heep! Oh yes, i like them much. They were one of the first bands that took ahold of me when i was first discovering the late 60's/70's hard rock and metal scene. Damn straight, they rock! :headbang:

They're one of those bands that I've never got around to seriously checking out...