US show w/ Blind Guardian

metalseth

Dec 31, 2001
VA
Visit site
ok, im not a fan of Symphony X (only cause ive never heard em) but Jaxx in VA has Blind Guardian/Hammerfall/Symphony X listed on either Nov.22 or Nov.24..thought you'd all be interested...i'll sure as hell be there.

Let me hammer this one before the thread gets going. I called to confirm this with InsideOut themselves because this happens often.

While the tour *IS* in the works nothing is even 100% confirmed yet because they are all working on the logistics of the tour, etc. Clubs and booking agents have a way of doing this, and I can tell you now, sometimes these things do not pan out for one reason or another so until you see something announced from the label, do not consider this to be a definite tour.

yea, i know...but its nice to see something up there anyway. plus BG will be in the country around that time for ProgPower. just trying to help spread the rumour. :)

Hehe, yeah don't get me wrong I am crossing my fingers that a killer tour like this happens. I just know I have gotten my hopes up just to see them crushed sometimes when JAXX lists some stuff. I know the label and bands definitely want this to happen though so we'll see.

On paper it may sound nice, but let's think about this for a second. Sym X opening for BG and HF?? I dont know about you, but I would rather see the 2 hour show that I know the guys can do versus seeing them get maybe 45-60 minutes.

Ah, the joys of touring!

Glenn

Better for sure an ALL SYMPHONY X concert like Glenn said, since i see it kinda difficult for SyX to be able to get the headlining position against BG... i for sure would put SyX above any other band in the universe, but would the organizers of this event do the same? err.. i think not :(
So let's hope for a huge SymphonyX solo tour!!! :D
Maybe i'll be able to work hard enough to get to see at least an US date who knows :p but only if SyX is alone!!! after the *robbery* they had at the Gods of Metal, i wanna see a 3 hour show, damnit! :devil:

X-Greets,
Knight_

Im all for another stand alone tour.. As long as when they play places like Llamours in NYC and say like Obsessions in NJ or Birch Hill there arent like 5-8 opening bands that are just plain AWFUL.... Even if they did tour with BG and HF I dont know if I would stay for the whole show especially if they were opening..
-manda

hey, you got to be logical here. Im not into BG or hammerfall either, but blind guardian actually landed a single on U S billboard this year. There the headliner no question. The fact is SyX needs exposure here in the states, and the only way to get it is to tour with a better known band. Im sure they'll do some solo shows too.
Also I saw SyX last year at obsessions in jersey, and this is no shit there were like 40 maybe 50 people in there, that sucks , but the only way to change it is exposure and promo

Originally posted by icedsymphony
hey, you got to be logical here. Im not into BG or hammerfall either, but blind guardian actually landed a single on U S billboard this year.

Was that for And Then There Was Silence? How high did it chart (probably not very, but eh...)? I agree that Blind Guardian will headline no question, I mean, they are way more well known than Symphony X in the US. Hammerfall...ehh....I think they should get the opening spot, then SyX, then BG.

I've been waiting too long to see Symphony X live in the states..

come to Seattle . it's a place called Graceland...play there, so i can see the show.

Inside Out needs to support sym. X , so they can get more exposure and possibly tour the states. shit, i've seen bands like arch enemy and nile ... why can't i see Sympyhony X? they're 1092874580923457X better

Originally posted by linchpin2
Inside Out needs to support sym. X , so they can get more exposure and possibly tour the states. shit, i've seen bands like arch enemy and nile ... why can't i see Sympyhony X? they're 1092874580923457X better

Hey hey hey...I'll defend Inside Out on their support of the band. Remember, this is the first studio album that they are being given to work with. And if the evidence behind their support of getting the live album out isn't a show of the commitment level that they will give, I dont know what is. Metal Blade just didn't deliver. Leave it at that.

Glenn
:)

Originally posted by WhoFooldU

Hey hey hey...I'll defend Inside Out on their support of the band. Remember, this is the first studio album that they are being given to work with. And if the evidence behind their support of getting the live album out isn't a show of the commitment level that they will give, I dont know what is. Metal Blade just didn't deliver. Leave it at that.

Glenn
:)

Agreed!