Originally posted by junnie from the east
cool - Kakkoii
hot - Iketeru!
cute- Kawaii
weird - Kimoi
nerd - otaku
way, super (emphasis) - chou
annoying-uzai

~There's a few questions I have about some of these. Like if Iketeru means hot how does Atsui differ from this?

~Otaku is often used to describe hard-core American anime fans, interesting that the translation is nerds lol.

~And what is the difference between Uzai and Urusai?

~Oh and you may notice that my user name is spelled wrong. I know that Akuma means a devil or evil of some sort, (how that differs from Oni I'm also curious about) but what does the Jo part refer to? I've heard it translated as prince and castle... and even queen in certain anime. What is the true meaning?

Originally posted by Akumojo Dracula X3

~There's a few questions I have about some of these. Like if Iketeru means hot how does Atsui differ from this?

~Otaku is often used to describe hard-core American anime fans, interesting that the translation is nerds lol.

~And what is the difference between Uzai and Urusai?

~Oh and you may notice that my user name is spelled wrong. I know that Akuma means a devil or evil of some sort, (how that differs from Oni I'm also curious about) but what does the Jo part refer to? I've heard it translated as prince and castle... and even queen in certain anime. What is the true meaning?

Atsui for the temprature. iketeru for the attitude or looks
when atsui is used as the description of the attitude, it means enthusiastic, often includes the meaning of "too much".

Otaku is originally means "house (not mine but the other's)". so, it can be used for the ones who always stays at home, doing computer, reading anime or anything like that, instead of hanging around with friends.

Urusai is a general word and Uzai is used among the younger generation.

yes, Jo is Castle.
i guess demon or evil, devil are from western culture. and the translation is Akuma. Oni is very japanese(or Asian), with horn on his forehead,

here's thelink which shows you some Oni(ogre)'s faces.

http://www.iijnet.or.jp/NOH_MASK/kyougenmen.html

you said you spelled your name wrong? maybe the right name was Akuma jo?
there are no measing of princess in it... and Jo is also used as "miss~~~" after the name.. so in this case, Jo might not be Castle, but miss, like miss devil....

hope it will help you a little..
i get going now, it's Sat morning here and this is what i did first for this weekend! :D yes i'm going to have a great weekend, ha ha. you too, have a nice weekend. ciao ciao!

"In a Japanese sentence or clause, the verb is placed at the end, and its grammatical order is subject+object+verb, so that instead of saying:

I bought a new hat.

The Japanese will say:
I a new hat bought."

HEHE This will take some getting used to. The english language is so dull and boring!

Vim Fuego where in New Zealand are you from? Are you teaching English in Korea? I want to goto Japan next year and teach English, Korea would also be a worthy choice. Did you get your TESOL? What's it like? Ahh so many questions!

these are some overly common Maori words that everyone here knows:

Kia-ora = Hello, greeting

Whare (pronounced farrrr-eeee) = House

Whanau (pronounced farrr-noh) = Family

Mana = power, charm

Aotearoa (pronounced aye-oh-te-ah-roh-ah) = "Land of the Long White Cloud" - New Zealand

Taniwha (tah-ni-fah) = Monster

latah!
Jase