(Users Browsing this Forum: FuSoYa, xfer, Baliset, the_preppy, The Dope)

some very delusional and paranoid client was sending me a 46 page fax about an apparent 'problem' with his neighbor.

then i had to read said fax.

man, some of my clients in nonprofit were soooo entertaining. I had this one guy, a little Indian dude named "Bobbi", who said he was forty but looked about seventy, and always wore huge thick glasses and a baseball cap perched way on top of his head. he kept coming in and getting very indignant and having me call all these former employers dispersed throughout Pennsylvania and scold them for permanently crippling his vision by turning on the lights without warning him first and stuff like that. Then he started a "business" and asked me to give all my morgage-counseling clients his flyer, which was this densely-typed, eloquent but incorrect English thing about refinancing your house with SAP U. BOBBI INC., with phrases like "You must telephone Bobbi immediately, so your skin is not to be chopped away unjustifically! Please include your credit card number, expiry date, PIN number, ATM number, Social Security Number, bank account number, date of birth..." i illegally faxed stuff like this to my other non-profit friends...i gotta see if any of them have it still.

Sadly I meant both of you and me, since we were the only ones posting for the half hour before I made this thread. As soon as I posted it, you proved me wrong.

well... it's a federal offense for me to share any of my client's stories or information with anyone. so i really can't. but i feel bad for people who are paranoid/delusional/mentally ill because they really believe this stuff is happening and they are legitimately terrified. it's awful. i've seen about 3 clients like that today.

i think all my clients were mentally ill to a degree...but then again, who isn't? i did have a few who were, like, supa dupa crayzay, but i think most of them were just your ordinary mixture of weird and dumb. the psycho, smart ones were sad, but they also tended to be pathological liars, so i never knew whether my sympathy was genuine or they were playing me.

we used to let our clients volunteer handing out flyers for us...once i was in north philly with two of the dudes and they got in a fight and ripped the door off the car i was driving them around in shoving it back and forth at each other. then they couldn't understand why we banned them from the agency.

DAMN ADDICTS. you think they'd have some consideration.

yikes. okay at least my clients aren't that bad. there's also a secured door between me and the waiting room so i can run away.
a client bit me once. which, if you think of it, is really scary considering who i work with. but he didnt break skin.

wow, i would've been awfully freaked...like, what if i had a paper cut? what if the client had an open sore in his mouth? when the chance is 1 in 100,000, SOMEONE has to be the 1, right? shudder.

when i used to go to AIDS Action a bunch to visit, i couldn't get over how you had to get buzzed into the cubicle area. the worst thing that ever happened to ME at my agency was getting my sunglasses stolen off my desk...i bet that if most of our population had been active users, higher security would've been totally necessary.

unfortunately, a high viral load in a client's brain tissue can cause dimentia really easily. so a lot of the clients get really loony. it makes me wicked sad.