V-Amp...

Apr 13, 2002
Aurora, Colorado
How exactly does this work for recordimg? Do you plug your guitar into it, and then hook it up to your computer? I'm pretty new to recording, so bare with me here...

Also, what effects does it have?

you plug your guitar into the v-amp, and then connect the output on the v-amp to the line-in on the back of you computer. If you're gonna record on computer than you need software. I higly reccomend cakewalk guitar tracks.

as for effects, i'm not too sure. You shouldn't get a v-amp though. You should get the digitech genesis 3....it so fuckin amazing. You can select two amps and two cabinets and warp them together to make your own amp model type. And then you can store that amp model and warp it together with another custom amp model! I don't have it, neither have i tried it but it sounds very very cool. I have tried the genesis 1, which sounds truly amazing. It doesn't have to many effects (phaser, chorus, tremolo, delay, reverb and a noise gate which is probably the best i've seen). It is extremely cheap and has so much value. I think it's something like 90 US dollars. If you have enough to buy the genesis 3 than GET IT. If not, then get the genesis 1....i am, once i have enough money.

The pod is great and all and is very famous but it's way too expensive.