V-Series?

Sep 26, 2011
Hey Guys

Recently I've been doing some mixing for a client at his home studio; Acoustic country work. He's a good friend who lives not too far from where I stay. Anyway for the past few weeks or so I noticed he has the V series from waves, I played around with it and recently started using it for a couple of his songs. I really like it. Specifically how it sounds on acoustics and vocals. My dilemma and question to you is this. I like to keep things real simple and minimal. "In the box" I use Api and SSl with a few additional plugins from waves, & I mean few. Now as much as I really like the V series, I don't need it. For me, Api and SSL are more than enough in the box. I use Rbass L1 and a couple other helpful plugins, But more or less I prefer to get really good at what I have. I don't see much on the V series here or anywhere past 06. So to those here that don't record/Mix exclusively metal; or do but still use the V series Is it worth the purchase. As i said I don't need it, but I do like the sound, it's different. I'd love to know what you guys think.

Love the V-comp on drums. I'll use the eq's every once in a while.

Love the V-comp on drums. I'll use the eq's every once in a while.

Lol thats funny I actually wasn't too much on the V-comp, It's good but I prefer the Api2500 on all my bus except the SSl on Mixbus. The Eq's caught my attention though. Guess not a lot of people use it.

Purchased the V-comp a couple of days ago and I really like it! It works greats on drums and percussions.

50 Bucks is fucking nutz. Just got the V-Comp sounds great. I actually Like the Eqs on softer music, Not completely the Neve sound but pretty close. If you're gonna be recording a lot of different stuff I'ts good to have. I have 88RS sounds amazing, But i think Waves sounds pretty good too.

I own them, but i remember finding them to have self noise that i honestly didn't care for. Im sure the sound im hearing is "analog " emulation of some type but i remember not really liking the sound. I will revisit them again and find out.

Thanks for the reply guys, Appreciate it! anyways I spoke with a good friend of mine who did some mixing for Christina agulera a few years back he said his favorite Neve'ish clone was Mellowmuse eq2v Its not a direct model of the 1073 but it's defiantly got the vibe for sure, better than the V-series I can tell you that. Really smooth and warm. Just my opinion anyways for what it's worth, after a few hours of playing with it I had to have it. definitely worth checking out if you haven't heard it yet