Van Canto for the oddball!

Anakinnnn

Dec 5, 2003
Visit site
I recently discovered these guys..... crazy a cappella metal group.....
5 singers, 1 drummer...... all metal! No guitars, no bass, no keyboards... just voices and an excellent drummer... the bald guy cracks me up... doing a lot of the distorted guitar sounds with his voice is awesome...

www.vancanto.de

Unbelievable stuff..... check out their channel on Youtube... they do a lot of famous metal covers. I also watched some live footage of them on stage at Wacken and they are unreal......

http://www.youtube.com/user/vancanto

This could truly be a memorable experience at the Progpower show... a performance not to be missed.... they have certainly set themselves apart.

Anakinnnn

5 singers, 1 drummer...... all metal! No guitars, no bass, no keyboards... just voices and an excellent drummer... the bald guy cracks me up... doing a lot of the distorted guitar sounds with his voice is awesome...

www.vancanto.de

Unbelievable stuff..... check out their channel on Youtube... they do a lot of famous metal covers. I also watched some live footage of them on stage at Wacken and they are unreal......

This could truly be a memorable experience at the Progpower show... a performance not to be missed.... they have certainly set themselves apart.

Anakinnnn

This has been beaten to death. Let it go. Even Glenn has said no way in hell.

www.vancanto.de

Anakinnnn

Hmmmmm....

No.

I can enjoy a few songs, but no. Not a band for ProgPower. No way. Instead, go to Europe and catch them on tour. =)

I agree - for the main concert or even Thursday - not really that close (plus Glenn's veto...).

I have two of their CDs - one for me when I first heard them and one I bought cause my wife and kids liked it - but after the first 'wow' moment, the CDs lack replayability for me.

However, what about as a Wednesday oddball band? Might be nice to see them. Their videos indicate they might put on a good show. For me, Van Canto is like Freak Kitchen - I don't get much out of their CDs but the live show is enjoyable. IMHO.

I agree - for the main concert or even Thursday - not really that close (plus Glenn's veto...).

I have two of their CDs - one for me when I first heard them and one I bought cause my wife and kids liked it - but after the first 'wow' moment, the CDs lack replayability for me.

However, what about as a Wednesday oddball band? Might be nice to see them. Their videos indicate they might put on a good show. For me, Van Canto is like Freak Kitchen - I don't get much out of their CDs but the live show is enjoyable. IMHO.

So you've seen them live?

You might as well just have this guy.

[ame]http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2029295823[/ame]

Wow gang... christ you are all harsh!

Some of us don't read every post ever written on this board and I guess I missed the one where this band was mentioned before...

I guess no one reading this thread could tell by the words:

"I recently discovered these guys..... crazy a cappella metal group....."

that I had not only just found out about them, but also was (for the first and apparently ONLY time) just throwing the recommendation of them to other people on here to discover and also for Glenn to see what he thought.....

This is why I generally don't post here anymore. Good grief....

All someone had to say was "Yea, we talked about these guys before and Glenn doesn't care for them, but thanks for the recommendation!"

Thanks to everyone for being so wonderfully inviting as always...

Anakinnnn

But that wouldn't be nearly as fun.

There are bands, such as this one, that invoke a strong response one way or the other.

Wow gang... christ you are all harsh!

Some of us don't read every post ever written on this board and I guess I missed the one where this band was mentioned before...

I guess no one reading this thread could tell by the words:

"I recently discovered these guys..... crazy a cappella metal group....."

that I had not only just found out about them, but also was (for the first and apparently ONLY time) just throwing the recommendation of them to other people on here to discover and also for Glenn to see what he thought.....

This is why I generally don't post here anymore. Good grief....

All someone had to say was "Yea, we talked about these guys before and Glenn doesn't care for them, but thanks for the recommendation!"

Thanks to everyone for being so wonderfully inviting as always...

Anakinnnn

I think you're overreacting a bit. The thing is as Cheiron also mentioned is this is one of those bands that people tend to either love or they tend to hate. It just happens and brings out some emotion that way. My comment previously was just that this thread kept going on of people saying they should be at the fest after people had already mentioned the fact that Glenn said they wouldn't. If people wanna just talk about the band I have no issue, but them being at the fest just isn't gonna happen. Bottom line.

a group of guys on stage all going rik-a-rak-a-rik-a-rak, nope not for me, next.