Van Canto Interview

Arkatox

Anomaly
I know some of us have spazzed about Van Canto on here before, and I just thought I'd inform you for all who's interested that I just recently interviewed Stefan Schmidt, the founder of the metal a cappella band. So if any of you guys enjoy epic music (that's all of you, considering you're on the official Theocracy forum :p ), check it out: http://rjhorst.blogspot.com/2011/11/stefan-schmidt-van-canto-interview.html

Thanks!
Reuben

That is really cool. How did you manage to get an interview with him? Nice work. :D

Van Canto is one of the bands I've been meaning to check out. My exposure to them thus far has been Tarja's Anteroom of Death, but they were awesome there. Hopefully they'll collaborate again one day.

Thanks, guys. :D

I often get my interviews the most straightforward way, surprisingly: I email them and ask. :p Sometimes you need to ask through their publisher (if they're an author) or record label (if they're a band member).

Edit/Continued: Authors and band members get interviewed so often that quite frequently they don't really answer any new questions in their interviews. I read an interview with Stefan Schmidt recently where he talked about the band's formation—which he's been talking about in interviews since the beginning. For this reason I try to ask questions that they may not have heard before. And of course, I always end by asking people their favorite food or drink. :p

Yeah if we were going to be that purist about it, might as well not make a metal a cappella band, because it would sound terrible. As it is, I don't care whether they are "really" a cappella or not; they sound good to me, and it's an original idea in any case.