VAN HALEN's EDDIE And ALEX VAN HALEN Sign Publishing Deal With THE ATLAS MUSIC GROUP

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
According to Billboard.com, The Atlas Music Group has signed VAN HALEN's Eddie and Alex Van Halen to an exclusive worldwide publishing administration deal.The deal covers the band's entire catalog except for VAN HALEN's last album, 2012's "A Different Kind Of Truth"."This deal has been a long time coming," Atlas Music Group CEO Rich Stumpf told Billboard.com. "I have been after Irving Azoff [the manager for the brothers] and Peter Paterno [the lawyer for the brothers], for five years to find out if there would ever be an opportunity to work with the VAN HALEN catalog. They are my favorite all-time band so this is kind of a surreal moment where my professional and personal lives are coming together.""This is the most important band we have signed; they are legends," added Stumpf. "It speaks volumes that after being with one company for 30 years that they have chosen to move to an independent music publisher that is trying to do things a little differently… This is an important moment not just for us for the independent music publishing community."Eddie and Alex Van Halen's music publishing catalog was previously handled by Warner/Chappell Music.VAN HALEN has been keeping a low-profile ever since abruptly canceling its 2012 tour with singer David Lee Roth.VAN HALEN is expected to release a live album on March 31 called "Tokyo Dome Live In Concert". Recorded on June 21, 2013 at the Tokyo Dome in Japan, the set features 23 tracks taken from all seven albums the band recorded with Roth as frontman. It will also include tracks from the group’s 2012 reunion effort, "A Different Kind Of Truth".

More...