Van Zant Get Right with the Man 2005

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Van Zant-Get Right with the Man

SonyNashville 2005

While, I ‘m not familiar with the previous Van Zant records. I am familiar with both Van Zant bothers’ work. Johnny with Skynyrd 2K & Donnie’s with .38 Special. I expected something that both of these southern gentlemen had covered before. Instead there ?s little southern rock & more country with the well written & solid material. Both the brothers share lead vocals & they do compliment each other very well. I’d compare it to hearing "Travelin’ Man" that was covered by Skynyrd a few years back where they used Ronnie’s vocals & merged them with Johnny ?s. The backing band is tight & sounds more like a band, not pieced together & allowed tape to roll. The stand out tracks out of the 11 on the disc; are the lead single to radio & video outlets "Help Somebody," "Sweet Mama(which is a Skynyrd track from Vicious Circle, that gets the country treatment)," "Things I Miss the Most," "Plain Jane," & "Been there Done That." There’s a very positive vibe to the record, life in general & family. Like a family values record if you will, not too country to turn off the rock fans & not too rock to keep it off the country stations. Grab this record, you might find that you can relate.

SIXXSWINE -\m/

GetRightCD.jpg