Vanishing Point and Pagans Mind to open for Sonata in Europe!

BARfest

Sep 9, 2003
Visit site
Got this Email today from the Vanishing Point guys-- I am so happy for them. As many of you know, I am a big fan of the APAC metal scene, and it will always be featured in my festival. Vanishing Point had an extremely strong album last year, and someday they will play here at the fest if we can work out the timing-- It is very hard for Aussie guys to get any play at European festivals/openers etc, because they are fairly unknown outside Australia, and the travel costs to get to mainland Europe or US are very expensive.

Sonata Arctica will do another headlining tour in Europe this autumn together with Pagan's Mind (Norway) as the main support act and Vanishing Point (Australia) as the opening support act.
The first confirmed dates of the tour can be found below:

05.11.2008 - Elysée Montmartre, Paris (F)
07.11.2008 - Razzmatazz 1, Barcelona (E)
08.11.2008 - La Riviera, Madrid (E)
09.11.2008 - Rock Star Live, Bilbao (E)
10.11.2008 - Bikini, Toulouse (F)
16.11.2008 - Backstage, Munich (D)
18.11.2008 - Z7, Pratteln (CH)
19.11.2008 - Garage, Saarbrücken (D)
22.11.2008 - Turbinenhalle, Oberhausen (D)

Note: More shows of this tour will be announced here as soon as they are confirmed

Got this Email today from the Vanishing Point guys-- I am so happy for them. As many of you know, I am a big fan of the APAC metal scene, and it will always be featured in my festival. Vanishing Point had an extremely strong album last year, and someday they will play here at the fest if we can work out the timing-- It is very hard for Aussie guys to get any play at European festivals/openers etc, because they are fairly unknown outside Australia, and the travel costs to get to mainland Europe or US are very expensive.

Sonata Arctica will do another headlining tour in Europe this autumn together with Pagan's Mind (Norway) as the main support act and Vanishing Point (Australia) as the opening support act.
The first confirmed dates of the tour can be found below:

05.11.2008 - Elysée Montmartre, Paris (F)
07.11.2008 - Razzmatazz 1, Barcelona (E)
08.11.2008 - La Riviera, Madrid (E)
09.11.2008 - Rock Star Live, Bilbao (E)
10.11.2008 - Bikini, Toulouse (F)
16.11.2008 - Backstage, Munich (D)
18.11.2008 - Z7, Pratteln (CH)
19.11.2008 - Garage, Saarbrücken (D)
22.11.2008 - Turbinenhalle, Oberhausen (D)

Note: More shows of this tour will be announced here as soon as they are confirmed

Sounds cool. Got my vote for VP at BAFFEST, great to have eyefear last year. All I gotta say is - there better be California dates! With Sonata headlining, there should be CA dates, but there's now way I'm missing Pagan's Mind! :headbang: