Variabel Parabel "Below the Photic Zone"

Erik

New Metal Member
Oct 10, 2001
southernmost voyage
variabelsmall4sy.jpg

New "release" by yours truly, I made all of this today. I suggest you DO NOT download this, it is likely a waste of your time. It is very unmelodic, somewhat minimalistic, ridiculously droney suffocating ambient/noise inspired by deep sea pressure and strange species of fish, and made partially with actual hydrophone audio samples of unidentified objects in deep, uncharted territories of the sea.

1. Ten Thousand Feet
2. What Lurks Beneath
3. Risen From the Depths

variabelback7zl.jpg

I hope this sounds like that one underwater level in Super Metroid. I'll listen at home because the speakers at work = poop.

No, that one level that just had sound fx and ambient stuff, maybe it wasn't the underwater one. Actually I think it was the alien ship music, before you turn the power on.

This is silly to even discuss before I listen, but either way I really like the fishy picture. :p

Erik said:
Boredom, mainly, but yeah, it feels "worthwhile" in the sense that it sorta clears the mind when I have nothing more substantial to write. I have a sort of fascination with this extremely simple droning stuff, I even sometimes listen to stuff like this :p and I have heaps of stuff I did in this vein on my hard drive. I once made a 62-minute track that was a massive failure because I've never once listened to the whole thing :p so these are more brief... Spur of the moment type thing... And deep sea fish are awesome.

Hehe allright, well I wont say i enjoyed listening to it, but I agree with you regarding the fish