Variation in Dead Heart track

Dhalaren

Mar 10, 2004
Canada, New-Brunswick
Hey guys,

For years now I had a downloaded version of the track Dead Heart, in a Dead World. It was a great track and a couple of years ago inspired me to buy the album. Now, the version on the album was ever so slightly different the copy I had downloaded and gotten used to.

The variation occurs at 1:32 on the album version. At precisely 1:32 the song exits the acoustic intro and the first heavy chord is struck. Now the version I had all along, the note at 1:32 is an acoustic chord and is held until 1:36, and then the same heavy chord is struck and the song continues as usual.

I'm wondering where this version of the song game from? Was it on a previously released single/Ep? Thanks.

I know exactly what you're talking about, I noticed it right away many years ago also. I attribute it to early leaked mp3s and a game time decision by someone (band or label) before the album was released officially to chop that part out and go straight into the heavy part.

For the record, I much prefer the old way with the note droning out before the distortion smashes in. I wish I still had that mp3.

i like it when i find stuff like this, i had a downloaded version of Circus Maximus first album and listened to Imperial Destruction over and over again then when they album came out the keyboard solo was completely different than the one I had.

nothing to do with the mix... this is just a few seconds of the last note of the bass intro before the guitars kick in, being cut out. On the album the guitars come right in after the last note in the bass intro. On the old mp3s, that last note on the bass intro hung on for a few seconds before the guitars came in.

Quite the contrary. I'm more busy now than I've ever been. I just happened to notice this the instant I heard the album version of the song and I think of it to this day every time I listen to it.

"Man I wish they wouldn't have cut that hanging note out :("

Kind of like how SYL cut out about 40 seconds of an instrumental section in Love? on Alien. After hearing the leaked tracks the edited version just has an abrupt shift that is way too obvious now.

Fortunately I ended up getting one of the first pressings where they mistakenly left the original version in. Though I think they ended up releasing it as a bonus track on a Japanese edition or whatever.

I'll have to find this Dead Heart track.