circus_brimstone

Forest: Sold Out
Jul 5, 2003
Indiana
Various Artists – Contaminated: Relapse Records Sampler Vol. 7
Relapse Records – May 24th, 2005
By Jason Jordan

contaminated.jpg

Somehow, judging by the artwork of this compilation, I don’t think Relapse Records are fans of President George W. Bush. Does anyone like him after all the purported disasters he’s allegedly set into motion? Anyhow, Contaminated: Relapse Records Sampler Vol. 7 is, as the title relays, yet another sampler from the oft-heralded label. Most compilations have their share of shit, but this record features a copious amount of great bands.

What follows is a complete tracklist:

1. Mastodon – “Blood and Thunder”
2. High on Fire – “Devilution”
3. The Dillinger Escape Plan – “Setting Fire to Sleeping Giants”
4. Nile – “Lashed to the Slave Stick”
5. Pig Destroyer – “Gravedancer”
6. Zeke – “Chinatown”
7. Planes Mistaken for Stars – “Thunder in the Night Forever”
8. Unsane – “Release”
9. Soilent Green – “Leaves of Three”
10. Cephalic Carnage – “Dying Will be the Death of Me”
11. Necrophagist – “Seven”
12. Zombi – “Orion”
13. Buried Inside – “Introduction + Time As Ideology”
14. Burst – “Crystal Asunder”
15. Leng Tch’e – “Clarity Denied” (Exclusive Demo Version)
16. Cretin – “Stim Fit”
17. The End – “Dear Martyr”
18. Origin – “The Burner”

Depending on your tastes, you’ll probably find something you like on Contaminated: Relapse Records Sampler Vol. 7. I’d only recommend purchasing this if you fall into one of two categories. First, you have a dial-up Internet connection or no connection whatsoever, which means you’re unable to download any of the above songs. Second, and finally, purchase this if you have a hankering to get a glimpse of eighteen bands for cheap. Chances are, though, you’ve already heard a handful of these groups. Either way, this compilation examines both stalwarts (Nile, Cephalic Carnage, Mastodon) and new signings (Leng Tch’e, Planes Mistaken for Stars, Cretin) alike.

-/10

Official Relapse Records Website