Vendors at the fest?

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
I know this has been discussed / recommended before.
Thinking back to fests in the past (IE - Milwaukee Metalfest, etc), part of the fun was browsing through the countless vendors.

Having vendors at the fest serves multiple purposes.
First and foremost, it will generate revenue. Let's say you get ten vendors and $50 a table, and that's $500! There are many online webshops who have appeared at fests I've been to, as well as labels, stores, etc.

Secondly, it provides something more for the fest attendees. This will possibly prevent people from leaving the fest for bands they might not care to see (Speaking from experience, I have watched / listened to bands at fests while browsing vendors at the back of the hall).

Granted, depending on the size of venue, logistics might not allow for it.

Just wanted to throw it out there.

What do you cats think?

I know this has been discussed / recommended before.
Thinking back to fests in the past (IE - Milwaukee Metalfest, etc), part of the fun was browsing through the countless vendors.

Having vendors at the fest serves multiple purposes.
First and foremost, it will generate revenue. Let's say you get ten vendors and $50 a table, and that's $500! There are many online webshops who have appeared at fests I've been to, as well as labels, stores, etc.

Secondly, it provides something more for the fest attendees. This will possibly prevent people from leaving the fest for bands they might not care to see (Speaking from experience, I have watched / listened to bands at fests while browsing vendors at the back of the hall).

Granted, depending on the size of venue, logistics might not allow for it.

Just wanted to throw it out there.

What do you cats think?

We had vendors in 2005, but not last year because of the logistics of the venue. But there will be plenty of room at the next one & we will definitely be having vendors.

Picture Ozzfest...

Just kidding...hehe. :p

Ironically, The Mustang Agency just took over booking at Mr. Kelley's Music Box. You'll never guess who'll have her dirty little meathooks in the mix?! :lol:

Cool...well I hope you can help to turn things around for that venue...it definitely needs it. Unfortunately, I think location is that club's #1 obstacle...other than that, it rawks!!

Best of luck..it won't be easy.

I had no problems with the Music Box venue.
It was plenty big. Lots of space to move around.
I agree that the location may have kept some people away.

Looking forward to hearing what the new venue will be!

Cool...well I hope you can help to turn things around for that venue...it definitely needs it. Unfortunately, I think location is that club's #1 obstacle...other than that, it rawks!!

Best of luck..it won't be easy.

Well you tell me, as a local fan is the venue's location still an issue? Or is it an issue in regards to events like Powerfest where nearby hotels, restuarants, transportation are of high importance because your crowd has a lot of out-of-towners??

Well you tell me, as a local fan is the venue's location still an issue? Or is it an issue in regards to events like Powerfest where nearby hotels, restuarants, transportation are of high importance because your crowd has a lot of out-of-towners??

I would definitely say it's more of an issue for events like Powerfest for those reasons you mentioned. Other than that, I think it's a great venue, and given the right shows & the right promotion, it could do very well!!