Venom Live in London DVD

Jan 6, 2006
In the land of ice and snow
venom_live_london.jpeg

Well I try to say something intrestin now. This performance was recorded at the Hammersmith Odeon Theatreon the 8th October 1985.
I did only buy this dvd just becouse it was cheap (about 10€) But I was suprised how good it was.Well there is no any extra just the gig. For me Venom has been always good live band. Can say that cos I did just see them live, well only whit Cronos. But anyway here is the classic line up Cronos, Mantas and Abaddon giving the Hammersmith Odeon full energy and GREAT metal.And set list could´t get any better from that.There is almoust all classic Venom songs. Aah and the theatric. This is more funier than Spinal Tap. If you have seen this you know what I mean . Just watch cronos bass solo and runing at the stage.:lol:
The sound are not best but pretty ok. Some point it feel like cronos could get voice enough,but that just little minus. Mantas and Abaddon also give good show and play eH well it´s Venom standart. There was also live dvd from 84 wich is also good but I can´t say which is better. There is just more explosions and firewoks in that gig. So anyone who like venom or think they like should have this dvd.

Songs:
Too Loud
Black Metal
Nightmare
Countless Bathory
7 Gates of Hell
Bass Solo
Buried Alive
Don’t Burn the Witch
In Nomine Satanas
Welcome to Hell
Warhead
Schitzo
Satanachist
Bloodlust
Witching Hour

+ it´s cheap
+ good songs
+ you can´t watch it whitout laughing
+ Some song sound better live

- and some don´t

Poorly reviewed I'm sorry to say, but this is a great DVD for Venom lovers.

The band is in top form throughout the gig, and Cronos is insanely energetic (kind of scary when you release he's bleeding around the neck by the end due to his studded neck collar being too tight).

There's nothing "funny" about this DVD - it's simply proto-Black Metal played back in 1985. It's a somewhat theatric show, even if unintended, Cronos' bass solo being a standout.

If anything humourous exists, it's simply because the band are enthusiastic in ways that many bands these days are not. It's a classic feeling of the metal of the old days, and the DVD manages to capture the freshness of the music at the time.

A must for any early Black Metal fans. An excellent concert, this DVD is highly recommended.

The Hubster said:
Poorly reviewed I'm sorry to say, but this is a great DVD for Venom lovers.

The band is in top form throughout the gig, and Cronos is insanely energetic (kind of scary when you release he's bleeding around the neck by the end due to his studded neck collar being too tight).

There's nothing "funny" about this DVD - it's simply proto-Black Metal played back in 1985. It's a somewhat theatric show, even if unintended, Cronos' bass solo being a standout.

If anything humourous exists, it's simply because the band are enthusiastic in ways that many bands these days are not. It's a classic feeling of the metal of the old days, and the DVD manages to capture the freshness of the music at the time.

A must for any early Black Metal fans. An excellent concert, this DVD is highly recommended.

No offense to the original reviewer intended either - but I must agree emphatically with this assessment. This DVD is Venom at their prime. They are far better live that they were ever given credit for. As The Hubster said, if you like Venom or Black Metal you simply need this DVD. Brilliant!

Death Animal said:
Aaah fuck of :D
it was my first reviewew I did (try to make)

Yeah I know - I didnt mean any offence though man... It just didnt make an accurate portrayal of the DVD though... anyhow, cheers to you for buying it, its a kickass show.