Venom

JonnyD

Chef Metal
Jun 4, 2002
The Metal Kitchen
www.myspace.com
Just got Done listening to the Venom 2Disc Anthology It is some of the best and worst shit I have ever heard all at the same time at times they seem to have almost no musical ability then bang out of nowhere youve got a song like Buried Alive or Black Metal Or Woman It was defenitly Different :loco:

You mean last year's In League With Satan-release? I think it's great! But then again - I'm not the right person to judge the quality of a Venom-disc, 'cause I'm a diehard fan. Which are the songs you don't like? I agree that there are some which are just plain average, but bad ones?

its not that I dont like any of the songs really some of em are just primitive I can listen to the whole collection all the way though it is hard to explain..... But it was defenitly worth the money I paid for it :headbang:

Ahh, I think I know now what you mean. Tracks like Angel Dust or Poison, right? Yeah, same here! What do you think about the re-recorded versions with the demolition man singing? I think they suck! I can get along with e.g. the Prime Evil album, but I can't stand hearing those classics being raped by a guy who just can't rival Cronos. Nothing beats the originals. If only the production was better! It leaves a lot to be desired, don't you agree?

Absolutly Only Cronos should be singing cronos songs accept no subtitutes and yes it would be much better if the production were better but at the same time if you cleaned up the prod. it just wouldnt be the same

Well, maybe you're right about that. It would probably kill the atmosphere of the songs.
...But then again: I like many of their later albums very much, too. The production of those CDs was much better, so I'd still give it a try. Have you ever listened to the re-recorded tracks on the bonus-CD of their Cast In Stone comeback-album? I think, they sound killer! Bloodlust, Die Hard, Bursting Out and all the other classics...it's like listening to them for the first time again. And despite all of this: a good song will always remain a good song, and it can only become better with a well done production.

Wish there was a good production of the whole album! There are so many classics on that record: Witching Hour, Welcome To Hell, Live Like An Angel - Die Like A Devil, In League With Satan, 1000 Days In Sodom, Sons Of Satan... Sometimes I wonder where Venom would stand today if their albums had had better productions. Welcome To Hell, Black Metal, At War With Satan - still great albums if you can get past the lacks in the production department. Have you ever listened to the Slayer/Machine Head cover version of Witching Hour which they played live some years ago? Truely amazing!

Mad Dog said:
Well, maybe you're right about that. It would probably kill the atmosphere of the songs.
...But then again: I like many of their later albums very much, too. The production of those CDs was much better, so I'd still give it a try. Have you ever listened to the re-recorded tracks on the bonus-CD of their Cast In Stone comeback-album? I think, they sound killer! Bloodlust, Die Hard, Bursting Out and all the other classics...it's like listening to them for the first time again. And despite all of this: a good song will always remain a good song, and it can only become better with a well done production.

I havent really heard much of the newer stuff Mostly just the old stuff I have found that venom is an aquired Taste for most ppl I tend to like the bad prod.Just because I dont know it feels more raw ya know what I mean It reminds me of my own endevours in music recording Its a feeling that is very hard to explain Its kinda like lisenting to the old metallica no life till leather demos