Ventura show to be filmed for sitcom?!?

Mr Toast

Threadslayer
Aug 1, 2002
www.mrtoast.com
WAY TO GO GALS!!!!!!!

:hotjump:

You gals deserve it!

btw, you would have to throw a loop into my upcoming trip to LA...

Do I blow off a $55 (plus inconvenience fee) Meniketti/Schon/Montrose/Satriani ticket to support my favorite tribute band?!?

It's a tough one... but I will miss you gals!
:cry:

Besides, I'm camera shy and pretty scary looking... you want to increase your fan base not decrease it!
:p

Originally posted by Mr Toast
Besides, I'm camera shy and pretty scary looking... you want to increase your fan base not decrease it!
:p

Puh-leez! I'm hideous and they put my pictures on there!:rolleyes:

wow!

any chance it will be put on the site afterwards for us non US peeps??

If not maybe a friend of mine can record it-does it go out across the whole of the US?

I am sure ABC will require all the Maidens to sign contracts/releases regarding the filming. I doubt ABC will let the Maidens use the footage without its permission. Hopefully they will let the band and/or the fans do some filming of their own (i.e., video, photos).

BTW: What time is your set on Saturday, Ms. Chickinson?

Originally posted by Bruce Chickinson
You are NOT hideous Smylex....we all think you look like a cute baby....with that bald head of yours and cute smile!

:eek:)

Yeah, but most babies grow out of being fat, bald and wrinkly. :p I'm still trying to figure out what the Hell happened to me!

Personally, I can't figure out why women love babies so much. They're drooling all over themselves; they have no control over their bowels; they can't feed themselves; their incredibly needy and dependent on others for food and protection.

The only other section of the population that matches this description are the infirm elderly and I don't see anyone other than Anna Nicole Smith finding those guys attractive.

I've had too much sugar! :D I'll quit ranting now.

Hey! The Ventura show should be great! We did our live acoustic radio Maiden thing this morning at the asscrack of dawn and got a great response to the sultry renditions pulled off on air! ;) !!!! We then proceeded to shoot segments with the ABC crew at the station and at the "Maidens Mansion" for Livin Large throughout the rest of the day until 6:00pm, with a half hour pause for a photo shoot for Guitar World magazine. What a whirlwind of activity in one day! Feels like Spinal Tap!

Hope to see some of y'all at Ventura!
Hey Toast, enjoy the Meniketti/Schon/Montrose/Satriani onslaught! It should be good!
See ya at the venue Heenan!

Up the Irons!!!!!:headbang:

Originally posted by drumslut
I am sure ABC will require all the Maidens to sign contracts/releases regarding the filming. I doubt ABC will let the Maidens use the footage without its permission. Hopefully they will let the band and/or the fans do some filming of their own (i.e., video, photos).

Actually, we can use it where ever we want. It will be broadcast nationally. It is a national show affiliated in every major city across the us on stations like, NBC, UPN, CBS etc.

Some of the stuff for the ABC show looked pretty funny so it'll be interesting to see how it turns out. Perhaps I can upload some stills from my video that I shot of the ABC guys and of the stuff they , but that might ruin the surprise of the piece (not to mention whether I can do that or not anyways), I dont know.

I liked this venue as I was actually able to get really good shots of Linda which is pretty rare compared to other venues. I want to thank Bill, Jenny and Sarah for after the show last night, it was much appreciated. I heard about some pileup on the Long Beach highway (the 101 or the 405? I forget) so its possible I could've been involved in that (or at least have been seriously delayed on my trip back to AZ). Thanks again!

Glad everyone seemed to make it home safely and avoid that catastrophe of a car accident on the 710! Sometimes it isn't such a bad idea to get a buzz happening forcing you to stay put over night, is it! Glad you're all safe! It was a fun time!

I rolled into LA at about 6:30 AM Sunday morning. Wow, that was some serious fog!

I took pictures of it from above as I flew out too. I didn't hear about the pileup until the guys at work showed the article in our Monday morning paper here (which we put together on Sunday night)...

Glad I got to miss that one! Thank goodness no one else here was involved!

I was barely awake during the after show breakfast Linda, as you could probably tell! :) But I realized that I wouldn't have gone on the 710 anyways. Hey Toast, maybe you can post a picture of the pileup here or email it to me?

Uh, yeah! I have no clue what sit-com you are talking about here!!! Sorry for those in that accident, doubt that it will teach people not to tail-gate and drive too fast in adverse weather conditions, though.
Slow down, just long enough to turn up the metal tunes and rock hard!

Rereading my post, I must apologize for not being clear about what I was talking about!

I took pictures of the fog patches over LA as I flew out (at about 11:40 AM), not the carnage on the 710.

Again, congratulations on your latest PR coup ladies! I'm still a little in shock as to how quickly things went in to high gear for the Maidens, but IMHO this notoriety is very well deserved . While I'm sure the fact that you gals are all very good looking/sexy/cute helped a bit, you all are extremely talented musicians, and that level of skill deserves notice!
:D

Originally posted by Mike Heenan
I was barely awake during the after show breakfast Linda, as you could probably tell! :) But I realized that I wouldn't have gone on the 710 anyways. Hey Toast, maybe you can post a picture of the pileup here or email it to me?

Sleepy problems? Well, that's why I wanted to head straight home after the show while I was still wide awake! As it turns out, no sleepy problems makin it home for me, but once my head hit the pillow, I was out! Fog? Well, I took the 405 all the way home. No 710 frwy for me. Only fog I noticed was in Seal Beach where at that big field (the naval base) it was pooring onto the freeway big time. Had to slow it down quite a bit. Had no idea about fog being at the 710 area until the next morning.