vermillion deception intro (brootalz inside :D)

elmoe

(╯°â–¡°ï¼‰â•¯ï¸µ ┻━┻
Jun 11, 2007
Hamburg / Perth WA
I've covered the intro of "threading on vermillion deception" by aborted.. I did only the intro because the drums where fucking hard to program for a noob like me and the rest of the song would be an overkill.

The drums are done with AD + samples and external editing, guitars = 4 tracks of my schecter hellraiser c7 into revalver mk II with metaltastics impulses.

so, what do you think? feedback would be nice :headbang:

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/307242/vermilliondeception.mp3

Good call on the Aborted tune :kickass:
I speak to their singer and guitarist sometimes, FWIW he mentioned that they used an Engl and a uberschall in the studio :)

I'd love to know what samples were used and maybe some insight into the processing used on all this as I use AD and sometimes dabble in revalver haha:heh:

Just got a chance to listen to it properly, it's awesome man!
I'd love to know what you did for the AD settings/samples and some input about your revalver setup :D
Metaltastic's impulses eh? I'll scope them out now.

PS. Guit with EMG81 - revalver?

Thanks dudes. The snare is not sampled (just comp and little EQ), the basedrum was a sample GubbKukk posted a while ago + minor editing. I can give you further details and presets tomorrow. And nope, EMG 707 -> revalver. No TS used.

Sounds really good (and Aborted rules btw) but :

-the hi-hat sounds ugly/weird/phasey or something

-i'd have dual instead of quadtracked. And the guitar sound is not "defined/clear" enough for me (maybe due to quadtracking and/or too much gain)