Vh1 honors

Mxgonzo

May 6, 2004
Freedonia
Did any one see this show the other night on VH1?

I thought it was pretty ridiculous. I mean, here you have Judas Priest, Queen, Kiss and Def Leppard all under one roof and they drag out other bands to play their songs. I know it is supposed to be a tribute to these bands but wtf. If you have the original bands there who the hell wants to hear a another band doing a tribute song right before.
AND then to have Ace Frehley an original member of Kiss to play with the tribute was just goofy.
I just thought it was kind of stupid. I am I alone on this?

Mxgonzo said:
Did any one see this show the other night on VH1?

I thought it was pretty ridiculous. I mean, here you have Judas Priest, Queen, Kiss and Def Leppard all under one roof and they drag out other bands to play their songs. I know it is supposed to be a tribute to these bands but wtf. If you have the original bands there who the hell wants to hear a another band doing a tribute song right before.
AND then to have Ace Frehley an original member of Kiss to play with the tribute was just goofy.
I just thought it was kind of stupid. I am I alone on this?

I'm all for diversity. Nothing wrong with that, they are all rock radio staples...
I didn't mind the tributes as they were in fact people that were influenced by the band they were paying tribute to. Like them or not. It was rather odd seeing ACe play with the tribute band, which their rendition of God of Thunder wasn't that great... Ace messed up the solo and the trade off between him and Slash was too sloppy... Zombie came in too early in ceratin sections. I wasn't impressed. Who the fuck was the leprecahn with the Axe bass?! I TIVO'd the entire thing so I didn't sit throught all the bullshit "talking" I watched a 2 hour show in 40 minutes... I liked the concept, it just didn't come off as well as it did on paper...

the tribute bands I understand but get good bands not All American Rejects god

but I thought Queen, Def Leppard, Kiss, and Judas Priest did all right

Black Bullet said:
the tribute bands I understand but get good bands not All American Rejects god

but I thought Queen, Def Leppard, Kiss, and Judas Priest did all right

I don't know who picked the band that did the tributes...
GODSMACK did a decent job, hell I didn't even think their guitar player had the ability to play anyhting by Priest?!
I also thought the Foo Fighters doing Tie You Mother Down was decent...

sixxswine said:
GODSMACK did a decent job, hell I didn't even think their guitar player had the ability to play anyhting by Priest?!
I also thought the Foo Fighters doing Tie You Mother Down was decent...

I agree but All American Rejects were the wrong band for honoring Def Leppard

Who the fuck was the leprecahn with the Axe bass?!

Not sure if this is a joke or not...seeing as that leprecahn was Scott Ian..

Anyway, ya I thought the program was a bit silly. The announcers or whatever introducing the bands all seems so out of place. Like Wtf is he/she doing on this show, ya know? I did enjoy seeing queen play however.

I know ya didn't make fun of Scott Ian.. XD

I enjoyed it a bit... I'm pisseed off at the All American Rejects though.. I want a METAL band not a pussy band.

I didn't see the Queen segment or Def Leppard play their covers, but:

- Halford's and Paul Stanley's voices are shot. Time to hang it up guys...and I'm a huge fan of Paul Stanley. Halford's voice was pretty much gone on the tour last year. Yeah, he's got some power left, but he rarely tries to hit any notes. He just stays in his little comfort zone. Stanley sounds ridiculous trying to hit any type of high note.
- KISS just sounded bad overall. Not tight. FrankenACE must die.
- I thought God of Thunder was the highlight of the night. Scott Ian was having a blast!!!
- not sure about the other presenters, but Jim Breuer is a huge metalhead.
- Don't underestimate Godsmack. Their drummer was in Wrathchild America, and their singer played drums in Meliah Rage for a while.

The KISS scabs have been getting their asses torn to shreds on the Sludge forums.... It's a shame, because Tommy Thayer is a great guitarist...
Better than playing "ACE." And Eric Singer is a drum God, again he is playing a part and can't imrpovise or play things like he did on the Revenge Tour...