Video: ACE FREHLEY Performs At M3 ROCK FESTIVAL

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Fan-filmed video footage of Ace Frehley's May 5 performance at the M3 Rock Festival at the Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, Maryland can be seen below. Ace's setlist was as follows: 01. Parasite (KISS song) 02. Rip It Out 03. Love Gun (KISS song) 04. Rock Soldiers 05. Strange Ways (KISS song) 06. New York Groove (HELLO cover) 07. 2 Young 2 Die 08. Shock Me (KISS song) 09. Cold Gin (KISS song) 10. Detroit Rock City (KISS song) 11. Deuce (KISS song) Last month, Frehley released a brand new single, titled "Bronx Boy". The single is the first track from an all-new, untitled full-length solo LP to be released this summer. "Bronx Boy" is available on all digital music services. Frehley's next studio album is expected to include the two songs he co-wrote last summer with KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons. "Gene came over my house to write — it went fantastic," Ace said. "In a matter of three hours, he and I came up with two new songs for my [next] record. I'm thrilled." The occasion was momentous for another reason. "It was the first time I have worked with him while I was sober," he revealed, "and it was a pleasure." Frehley's last release was a covers collection "Origins, Vol 1", which received great reviews and landed in the Top 25 on the Billboard album chart. The effort featured a guest appearance by KISS lead singer Paul Stanley on a cover of FREE's "Fire And Water", marking their first collaboration since 1998's "Psycho Circus". Last September, Frehley released a newly expanded deluxe edition of his 2009 album, "Anomaly", eOne Music. Among the new tracks were two previously unreleased demos: "Hard For Me", which was later reworked into the album's "Foxy & Free", and an early take of "Pain In The Neck", different in tempo and arrangement from the final version. Also included was the previously digital-only "Anomaly" bonus track "The Return Of Space Bear". "Anomaly Deluxe" also featured enhanced album art, a new live poster, and extensive liner notes by rock writer and Ace Frehley historian Ron Albanese (including track-by-track commentary by Frehley).
m3rockfest2018poster.jpg

Continue reading...