Video: AEROSMITH Frontman Performs With MARTI FREDERIKSEN In Nashville

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
AEROSMITH frontman Steven Tyler joined the band's frequent collaborator, singer-songwriter Marti Frederiksen, on stage last night (Tuesday, September 3) at the Bluebird Café in Nashville, Tennessee to perform two songs: "Dream On" and "Jaded". Fan-filmed video footage of Steven's appearance can be seen below. In an October 2012 interview with Examiner.com, Marti stated about his relationship with AEROSMITH: "I have been working AEROSMITH now since the late '90s. My first time was with the album 'Nine Lives' and I was the co-writer on that. And then I got to co-produce on 'Just Push Play'. And I have worked on a couple things between that and now. So I have been in the touch them and I became pretty good friends with Steven now and we hang out a lot. We just came around to write some more stuff for this new record and I was able to get five songs on their new album, three of them I produced with Steven. It's always a pleasure to work with the band." Asked how he first got involved with AEROSMITH, Marti told Media Mikes: "I worked with a band many years ago called BROTHER CANE and AEROSMITH's A&R guy heard the song we had done and he really liked the approach of the song. I was lucky enough to get a meeting with him from this and he asked me if I would be interested in working with AEROSMITH. This was in 1997 and at that time the band was coming off of the 'Get A Grip' album." On AEROSMITH's latest album, "Music From Another Dimension!", Marti co-penned five songs and he produced three tracks, which include the singles "What Could Have Been Love" and "Love Her A Lot". "Both songs went to radio [in August 2012]," Marti told Suite101.com. "'What Could Have Been Love' went to adult contemporary station and 'Love Her A Lot' is mainstream and active rock. They are completely different songs, but that's the wonderful thing about songwriting since you can sit down and write a fast up-tempo rock song with heavy riffs and the next day you could write a nice beautiful song with piano. That's where they are both coming from."

More...