Video: BODY COUNT Performs During GRAMMY AWARDS Pre-Telecast Ceremony

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
BODY COUNT, the metal band fronted by hip-hop legend, actor and director Ice-T, performed during the pre-telecast ceremony at the 60th annual Grammy Awards, which was held earlier today (Sunday, January 28) at Madison Square Garden in New York City. BODY COUNT performed the song "Black Hoodie", which was nominated in the "Best Metal Performance" category at this year's event. Also nominated in the same category were MASTODON, MESHUGGAH, AUGUST BURNS RED and CODE ORANGE. Although BODY COUNT didn't win the award (that honor went to MASTODON), Ice-T said in a pre-performance, red-carpet interview that he was surprised to hear about the nomination. "[When I first heard about it] I'm, like, 'No. That's a joke. BODY COUNT? Are you serious?' Then they said, 'Now they want you to perform.' So we're going to perform at the pre. I'm, like, 'You've gotta be kidding me. The Grammys?' So we're just overwhelmed, we're excited." "To be picked and nominated is still a great achievement for my band," he added. "We've been around over 20 years and we're happy to be here." "Black Hoodie" is taken from BODY COUNT's latest album, "Bloodlust", which was released in March 2017 via Century Media Records. "Bloodlust" was recorded with producer Will Putney (MISS MAY I, UPON A BURNING BODY), who also helmed 2014's "Manslaughter". The CD features guest appearances by Max Cavalera (SOULFLY, SEPULTURA), MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine and LAMB OF GOD frontman Randy Blythe. The effort also contains BODY COUNT's medley of the SLAYER songs "Postmortem" and "Raining Blood".

Continue reading...