Video: DAVID LEE ROTH Performs 'The Oo-oka River Blues' In Tokyo

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Video footage of VAN HALEN singer David Lee Roth and the Kabuki Orchestra performing "The Oo-oka River Blues" at Onkio Haus in Tokyo, Japan can be seen below.Roth has been living part-time in Tokyo since 2012. He's been renting recording studio space in Japan and having fun learning Japanese. In addition, he put on his own radio show, "Tokyo Hi-Power Style". According to The Pulse Of Radio, Roth said in a recent installment of "The Roth Show" that VAN HALEN is working on some kind of "secret' project. Roth said on the show, "Doing some catching up here, a little bit of a scrapbook. We've been doing a lot of traveling. [I've been] working on a great VAN HALEN project — can't announce anything or I'd have to come find you and swear you to secrecy."VAN HALEN has been mostly silent since coming off the road in summer 2012 and canceling a large portion of its touring plans behind that year's album, "A Different Kind Of Truth".The band — which reunited with Roth in 2007 after 23 years apart — has reportedly been working on its 13th studio album.Roth said in an interview late last year that VAN HALEN had started work on a new record, revealing, "I write lyrics routinely and the band plays together routinely, at least three times a week up at Ed's [Van Halen] place.""A Different Kind Of Truth" sold 187,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 2 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD was is the band's first full-length offering with David Lee Roth since "1984" was released in January 1984.Roth exited the group in 1985, a year after its "1984" album was released.

More...