Video: KISS Inducted Into ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE's Tom Morello inducted KISS into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame earlier tonight (Thursday, April 10) at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. The guitarist told the crowd, "You can kiss my KISS-loving ass because KISS wasn't a critics' band. It's the people's band." He added: "Tonight proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the high school bullies and critics were wrong. KISS fans were right. Impact, influence and awesomeness — KISS have all three in spades." He concluded by saying: "Tonight, this isn't the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. It's the Rock And Roll All Nite And Party Every Day Hall Of Fame."After that, the four members of KISS took turns in addressing the crowd. Gene Simmons paid tribute to fellow original KISS members Ace Frehley and Peter Criss for their roles in launching the band four decades ago. "[Ace's] iconic guitar playing has been imitatetd, but never equaled, by generations of guitar players around the world," he said. "Peter Criss' drumming and singing… well, there's not a guy out there who beats the sticks and sings who sounds just like Peter. Nobody's got that swing and that style… We wouldn't be here today without the original fantastic four," he said.Stanley thanked the fans for making KISS' Rock Hall induction a reality. "This is a special night for us, but it's also a special night for our fans. It's vindication," he said. Morello told Rolling Stone before the ceremony that he first saw KISS play when he was 12 and attended their shows religiously during his formative years. "I've known Gene and Paul for some time and I'm a huge fan of the band and have been an advocate — a noisy, fist-pounding advocate for years for KISS to be in the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame," he said. "One of the all-time great bands is being rightly enshrined."When those records were released, focus was shifted because it was a band in makeup or because it was band with explosions," he added. "But those are great anthemic songs with badass riffs. There's a reason why KISS sold 100 million records around the world. There was no one spitting blood in your living room when you were listening to them. I was rocking out hard to them."The 29th annual Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction ceremony was taped and will air on May 31 on HBO.

More...