Video: METALLICA Performs 'For Whom The Bell Tolls' On 'The Late Late Show With Craig

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
METALLICA performed the song "For Whom The Bell Tolls" on the third night of the band's week-long residency as the musical guests on CBS-TV's "The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson". Check out video footage of the band's appearance below.On Monday, METALLICA kicked off its "Ferguson" residency with a performance of "Hit The Lights", the opening track to its 1983 debut album, "Kill 'Em All". Lars Ulrich and James Hetfield also sat down with Ferguson for an interview. Tuesday saw the band performing "Fuel".Ulrich told Ferguson he was a big fan of the legendary British rock band MOTÖRHEAD and recalled how a picture of him taken after he vomited on himself ended up on the inner sleeve of a MOTÖRHEAD album."[MOTÖRHEAD frontman] Lemmy [Kilmister] came to town," Ulrich remembered, "and I was pretty nervous, so [I drank] a couple of shots of straight vodka....So I tried that outside of Lemmy's hotel, walked in and a couple of hours later I woke up and I'd been photographed and it ended up on the inner sleeve of the next MOTÖRHEAD album."Ulrich also spoke about the upcoming 10th-anniversary release of the two-disc Blu-ray edition of the band's 2004 documentary, "Metallica: Some Kind Of Monster", which followed the band through the three most turbulent years of their long career, during which they battled through addiction, lineup changes, fan backlash, personal turmoil and the near-disintegration of the group during the making of their "St. Anger" album."['Some Kind Of Monster' co-directors Joe Berlinger and Bruce Sinofsky] came up to San Francisco to film the process of us making a new record," Ulrich recalled. "And then over the course of the next few months, one breakdown after another breakdown occurred." "The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson" airs weeknights at 12:35 a.m. EST. Ferguson announced his exit from the program in April, shortly after he was passed over to replace David Letterman, who also revealed that he would retire next year.METALLICA is reportedly getting back to work this fall on its 10th studio album, due out sometime in 2015.METALLICA will release a limited 12-inch vinyl single of the new song "The Lords Of Summer" on Record Store Day Black Friday, November 28.The single will feature the "first pass" studio version of the song as well as a live take recorded in Rome in July. This collectable vinyl will only be available through independent record stores and Metallica.com.

More...