Video: MICHAEL KISKE Sings HELLOWEEN Classics At 'Christmas Metal Symphony' Kick-Off

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Fan-filmed video footage of former HELLOWEEN singer Michael Kiske performing a couple of the band's classic songs at the opening show of the Christmas Metal Symphony European tour — which kicked off last night (Friday, December 13) in Trollhättan, Sweden — can be seen below.In a recent interview with Myglobalmind, Kiske stated about his time with HELLOWEEN: "There is just one thing I find very sad and that is I think that the HELLOWEEN of the 'Keeper Of The Seven Keys' years with [guitarist/vocalist] Kai Hansen, [drummer] Ingo [Schwichtenberg]… you know, the HELLOWEEN of the 'Keeper' time was very short-lived. I think we just started and then it was over. I think we should have done at least two more records. That's the thing I find really sad. Bands like IRON MAIDEN, they've gone full circle, you know. The have had their peak and they made their best records, they have told the story. They have said everything that they can say musically, in my opinion. HELLOWEEN… I mean, HELLOWEEN of the 'Keeper' time, because today's HELLOWEEN is a different band… I think the HELLOWEEN of that era, we never really said everything we had to say artistically, and that's very sad."Magnum Opum Rockestra (under conductor Marcel Heijnen), a 32-strong orchestra accompanied by the METALFORCE 1 rock band and led by singers/vocalists which influenced the metal scene in recent years and decades, are taking part in the Christmas Metal Symphony European tour. Musical director of the production is Joost van den Broek. Other singers taking part in the trek include Joey Belladonna (ANTHRAX), Chuck Billy (TESTAMENT), Udo Dirkschneider (U.D.O., ex-ACCEPT) and Floor Jansen (REVAMP, NIGHTWISH, AFTER FOREVER).

christmasmetalsymphonyswedenposter.jpg

More...