Video: PAPA ROACH Performs New Single 'F.E.A.R. (Face Everything And Rise)' In Berlin

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Fan-filmed video footage of Californian rockers PAPA ROACH performing the title track of their eighth full-length album, "F.E.A.R. (Face Everything And Rise)", last night (Wednesday, October 29) in Berlin, Germany can be seen below. The official video for "F.E.A.R." will make its online debut on November 4. The follow-up to 2012's "The Connection", "F.E.A.R. (Face Everything And Rise)" was recorded at Las Vegas' The Hideout Recording Studio, which is owned and operated by Canadian producer Kevin Churko. Churko has previously worked with OZZY OSBOURNE, FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH, IN THIS MOMENT and HELLYEAH. It will be released on January 27, 2015 via Eleven Seven Music. As far as the title goes, the writing was on the wall — literally. "Jacoby [Shaddix, vocals] wrote 'F.E.A.R.' on the wall of the studio in spray paint," laughs bassist Tobin Esperance. "When we started the record, he was like, 'I want construction paper hung up on the walls everywhere so I can write down all of these thoughts.' That was the only thing he ended up writing on the wall. It stuck." "Fear is something I face every day," the singer admits. "It's about taking a negative and turning it into a positive. When you see the word, it looks like Fear. If you look deeper, it's Face Everything And Rise." "It felt like such a great concept to write an album around," says Jerry. "It's about facing your fears and knowing that no matter what happens, you'll be alright." "We pride ourselves on having that powerful aspect to our recordings and shows," adds Tony. "We were able to convey that here." "F.E.A.R." track listing: 01. Face Everything And Rise 02. Skeletons 03. Broken As Me 04. Falling Apart 05. Love Me Til It Hurts 06. Never Have To Say Goodbye 07. Gravity 08. War Over Me 09. Devil 10. Warriors The song "Warriors" can be streamed below.

paparoachfearad_638.jpg

More...