Video Premiere: BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE's 'Don't Need You'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
"Don't Need You", the new video from Welsh metallers BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE, can be seen below. The clip was filmed in a church by director Ville Juurikkala, who has previously worked with NIGHTWISH, AMORPHIS, HIM, APOCALYPTICA and MICHAEL MONROE, among others. "It's heavy, it's dark, it's super-epic, it's signature BULLET and I think when people hear it, they'll lose their shit," says BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE frontman Matt Tuck said about the track, which has just been released digitally. "We love it, and I think it's a hint of where the band is going next." Regarding the concept for the clip, Tuck told Kerrang! magazine: "It's not really a 'doomed' wedding as such… It's really just a take on a concept I had. There's this beautiful ceremony, and it appears to be all about love and trust, but there's this undercurrent of mistrust and bullshit to go with it. The church we filmed it in is perfect. It's not your typical wedding venue — it's really run-down and dilty. We thought that contrast would be really cool to have with the idea of the video. We wanted it to look really grand and ornate, but underneath it all, it's a bit dirty." BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE recently signed a worldwide deal with Search And Destroy/Spinefarm Records. The band's last studio album, "Venom", was released in August 2015 via RCA. The CD marked BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE 's first release since the departure of longtime bassist Jason James and addition of Mathias (formerly of REVOKER). BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE drummer Michael "Moose" Thomas took a temporary leave of absence from the band earlier this year to spend time with his wife, as they awaited the birth of his first child. He has since been replaced on the road by Jason Bowld (PITCHSHIFTER, AXEWOUND).
bulletformyvalentinedontneedyousingle.jpg

Continue reading...